why i get no culture

Tough guy

Chieftain
when i conquest a city near my empire i ussually keep it:egypt: , but everything in that city acts like it doesn't exist:mad: :( :eek: . even wonders don't give culture or anything else it should give:cry: :mad:

For the same reason you have no class! :D

Captured wonders will not provide culture points because the conqueror didn't BUILD it. I believe libraries and temples are always destroyed when cities are captured.

Edit: However, the wonder should still provide the bonus. Pyramid GW should immediately put granaries in all your cities, unless they're on different landmasses.

Edit 2x: Is this after resistance has ended?

This is intentional.

None of the culture-producing buildings that the previous civ built are there anymore. You'll have to fill in your own temple/cathedral/library/university/etc. if you want to produce your own culture in there.

Any wonders that you may capture will not give you any culture. They only give a culture benefit to the civ that built them. They may still be useful, though I would personally raze any city that has an obsoleted wonder in it (Oracle, Hanging gardens after steam power or Colossus after Flight, etc.).

Originally posted by Tough guy
LIBRARIES DON'T GET DESTROYED AND WONDERS DON'T PROVIDE BONUSES:confused:

Moderator Action: Please do not type in all CAPS. Thanks.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Well libraries and universities do provide research bonuses, so I can see leaving them. However, I have never really paid attention since I bring a large stack of artillery with me for my invasions and only rubble remains when I take the city.

And wonders [do] provide their benefits. I just captured the Art of War and got all the free barracks. Was then able to upgrade the other 30 infantry units once I did that :)

Top Bottom