1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why I like Byzantines the best.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Ringo Kid, Nov 18, 2008.

1. Brainiac18

Brainiac18 Chieftain

oh, right. So its just seafaring bonus, the dromon itself doesn't reduce the chance of sinking in the sea or ocean..

2. Optional

Optional Chieftain

That's just my experience as well. Of course, what makes the odds for seafaring better is that their vessels are faster, so they need to make less stops in unsafe water. Where your seafaring curragh had to make 3 stops, a non-seafaring curragh would have had to make 4 or 5 stops, each with a 2 out of 3 chance of sinking. Such odds can easily make those chance runs become frustrating, and if I'm in a bit of war - which is the usual - I rather build catapults if I'm not seafaring.

3. Calis

Calis on time

I am not 100% sure, but I believe the seafaring vessels have a 75% chance to stay on the right side of the surface :)

4. Brainiac18

Brainiac18 Chieftain

Ddromons really are good! They can kill by bombarding, just like stealth bombers, in C3C, bombard to the death! :cool:

5. Optional

Optional Chieftain

Yes, you are right, and I was wrong, as I found this: http://www.civfanatics.com/civ3/strategy/sinking_chances.php
    In short: 75% chance of survival for seafaring, 50% for non-seafaring (of each interturn in unsafe waters). Difficulty level has no effect.