1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is it so hard to get a decent score in Civ 6?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by ltccone, Nov 23, 2016.

1. ltccone

ltccone Prince

I won a culture victory in 1899 with 39 cities on a marathon huge map. I eliminated 5 other civs. I had finished both the civs and tech trees a hundred turns ago. Yet I only finished as "Eleanor of Aquitaine."

What does one need to do to get a good score???

2. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

There is no points earned for winning iirc so you just get assigned the score you have when you won.

This may be a bug or oversight. I'd expect a patch to fix this latet on with a victory score bonus that also scales with difficulty

3. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Scoring on that screen is broken right now, it is not representative of the quality of play in that game.

4. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

There's no hall of fame anyway.

5. lordhaw

lordhaw Chieftain

I really miss the good old hall of fame.

6. RealHuhn

RealHuhn Emperor

Yes, where is the Hall of Fame? How is it even possible to forget such a core feature of every civ game? -_-

If the AI isn't enough competition, you can always compete against yourself. The HOF was a nice way to keep track of your own personal records.

Also agreed, the end-game score is beyond broken.

7. Yzman

Yzman Deity

I don't think it is possible currently. They clearly need to add modifiers. I mean you could probably control the entire map on a huge pangea and not get a high score.

8. ltccone

ltccone Prince

So the only way to get a good score is a time victory on a huge map. :(

9. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

Sadly it wasn't representative of quality in Civ V either; but it's gotten worse in Civ VI.

10. Xoon

Xoon Warlord

I'm glad you posted this because I just won my first game today and got like the 4th from the bottom dude. Glad I'm not the only one confused.

ltccone likes this.
  11. Toteetaller

Toteetaller Chieftain

There is a profound unsatisfaction to finish a Civ game.
    I wish victories would give you some kind of unit credit that you could spend as a bonus when you create a new game for a different experience than the always the same beginnings.

12. dulkan

dulkan Chieftain

There are no modifiers for difficulty level, for time taken for achieving victory, nothing. Just the score, you had at the end of a game.

I recently finished a game (huge map, deity difficulty, marathon speed). I won a domination victroy by turn 480 and had around 90 cities. With my final score of 1653 I was still pretty far away from the top. In Civ 4 you got a +100% bonus from difficulty alone and a victory this early would have been another massive modifier.

13. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

It would not be hard to come up with sonething more decent than civ 5. Turn and difficulty level based alone would give sonething good. I never liked the way you had to dominate the map in civ V for a good score

ltccone likes this.
  14. Masquerouge

Masquerouge Deity

Won two victories on Immortal. One was domination on a small map where I had about 15 cities and killed every single AI, and won by 1650. One was a science victory in the 1850s where I had fully researched both tech trees and built a truckload of wonders and districts.

Yet in both cases my score was in the 700s, far from the 2,500 needed to be Augustus.

Anybody has tips to increase your high score? Is it map-dependant?

Also, no more Hall of Fame? Booo! I say boo.

Moderator Action: Merged into another thread with the same topic.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  15. Magil

Magil Monarch

Finish time and difficulty level no longer seem to factor into final score, which makes it quite difficult to achieve a very high score. You basically just need to sprawl everywhere and build everything, and research future tech/social media a lot.