Why is it so hard to get a decent score in Civ 6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltccone

Prince
I won a culture victory in 1899 with 39 cities on a marathon huge map. I eliminated 5 other civs. I had finished both the civs and tech trees a hundred turns ago. Yet I only finished as "Eleanor of Aquitaine."

What does one need to do to get a good score???

There is no points earned for winning iirc so you just get assigned the score you have when you won.

This may be a bug or oversight. I'd expect a patch to fix this latet on with a victory score bonus that also scales with difficulty

There's no hall of fame anyway.

Yes, where is the Hall of Fame? How is it even possible to forget such a core feature of every civ game? -_-

If the AI isn't enough competition, you can always compete against yourself. The HOF was a nice way to keep track of your own personal records.

Also agreed, the end-game score is beyond broken.

I don't think it is possible currently. They clearly need to add modifiers. I mean you could probably control the entire map on a huge pangea and not get a high score.

There is no points earned for winning iirc so you just get assigned the score you have when you won.

This may be a bug or oversight. I'd expect a patch to fix this latet on with a victory score bonus that also scales with difficulty
So the only way to get a good score is a time victory on a huge map. :(

Scoring on that screen is broken right now, it is not representative of the quality of play in that game.

Sadly it wasn't representative of quality in Civ V either; but it's gotten worse in Civ VI.

I'm glad you posted this because I just won my first game today and got like the 4th from the bottom dude. Glad I'm not the only one confused.

There is a profound unsatisfaction to finish a Civ game.
I wish victories would give you some kind of unit credit that you could spend as a bonus when you create a new game for a different experience than the always the same beginnings.

There are no modifiers for difficulty level, for time taken for achieving victory, nothing. Just the score, you had at the end of a game.

I recently finished a game (huge map, deity difficulty, marathon speed). I won a domination victroy by turn 480 and had around 90 cities. With my final score of 1653 I was still pretty far away from the top. In Civ 4 you got a +100% bonus from difficulty alone and a victory this early would have been another massive modifier.

Won two victories on Immortal. One was domination on a small map where I had about 15 cities and killed every single AI, and won by 1650. One was a science victory in the 1850s where I had fully researched both tech trees and built a truckload of wonders and districts.

Yet in both cases my score was in the 700s, far from the 2,500 needed to be Augustus.

Anybody has tips to increase your high score? Is it map-dependant?

Also, no more Hall of Fame? Booo! I say boo.

Moderator Action: Merged into another thread with the same topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finish time and difficulty level no longer seem to factor into final score, which makes it quite difficult to achieve a very high score. You basically just need to sprawl everywhere and build everything, and research future tech/social media a lot.

I won a culture victory in 1899 with 39 cities on a marathon huge map. I eliminated 5 other civs. I had finished both the civs and tech trees a hundred turns ago. Yet I only finished as "Eleanor of Aquitaine."

What does one need to do to get a good score???
While I initially thought a score victory would be more easily attainable, I’m quickly realizing now that my pursuit of one in Deity difficulty is not so. The challenge in preventing other civs from achieving other victories for 500 turns (or more) is extremely difficult and requires long term planning with a global picture mindset. In my latest scenario I’ve been trying to prevent Korea, Sweden, and Arabia from achieving respective Science, Culture, and Religious victories. Add the Diplomatic victory scenario into the picture (avoiding one for yourself!) with that pesky World Congress and I think you can understand how difficult this can be, and the importance of timely employment of the Rabblerousing wildcard policy which is only attainable in the final civics.
I have yet to find a blog, vlog, etc of anyone attaining a score victory in Deity. If someone has please provide a link... thanks and good luck!

Score is by and large based on size, and has no modifiers for difficulty or even winning.

It's kinda useless in that sense.

Basically you just play really inefficiently and do everything. You go for all VCs rather than one of two.

I agree with every word you said except replace ‘really inefficiently’ with ‘ [with] utmost efficiency’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom