Why it doesn't suck

JWideman

Warlord
I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but there are too many threads condemning this game and not enough praising it. Not because it sucks, but because people tend to not like changes even when they ask for them and it is easier to be passionate about something you hate as opposed to something you love.
Well, I'm posting to say I LOVE IT! While there are a few things I miss from Civ 4, there are things in Civ 5 I like a whole lot more. Is it a simpler game than Civ 4? Yes, obviously. But I think this is more like going back to where it all started and building upon that, rather than removing features from Civ 4.
Some of you have been complaining about performance and appearance. Yet I look at the same things - the same screenshots even - and say "No, this is an improvement". When it comes to graphics performance, you were warned that you needed a better video card. This complaint is like complaining about Crysis when it came out because your video card couldn't run it.
The same thing applies to "between turn" performance. You were warned that a dual core is not enough. It's 2010, there's already hexa cores. What, are you holding out for octo cores?
Civ 5 runs just fine on my mid-range system with everything maxed.

It doesn't suck, I stayed up way too late last night. But there's a lot of design choices that I vehemently disagree with. The big issue for me is that it doesn't feel deep. I don't think I'll be playing this in a month. We went from an olympic pool to one of those wading pools. Sure they'll both cool you off, but I can't exactly practice my breast stroke when the water is six inches deep.

i love this game. sure its a little young, but it works great here, and i found out how to rename cities.

Top Bottom