Wich is the best Civ to use in a Cheiftan game?

just a beginer

The Lurker
Which is the best Civilization to use for a normal game in Chieftan?

I find Iroquois or Sumeria to be good Civs for anyone. Notice a trend? They are both agricultural - anyone agricultural should be good.

By the way, try starting on Warlord instead of Chieftain. Chieftain can give you some bad habits.

Persia is ok if you want some early warring, as is Rome. Not the best Civs, but good nonetheless.

I'm thinking about Persia... But then again what about Rome?

Okay! Thankyou.

Isn't Warlord more difficult though? (I am a beginner).

Terminating Connection... Standbye...

Moderator Action: Stop spamming.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Well how do you intend to play? If you want to use force a bit, China is good. It is Ind and Mil and has a super UU.

If you want to be on a small map and mostly land, Mayans are nice. They have Ind and Ag. An early UU to handle most civs.

Lots of water, Byz are good for Sea and Dromons. In the end any civ is fine.

i heart the maya.

they have the best combination of traits among the civs offered in C3C IMO.

I too am more of a casual civver(AKA: beginner :D ), but I tried the Iroquois and liked them. I usually had played as the French before.

Persia is the easiest civ to use on Cheiftan is you want to win by Conquest. Take an AGR civ if you want to win by a peaceful method, though.

I really like the Celts. Agr for growth/expansion, religious for culture, and a great UU for late AA or early MA warring. What more could you want? I am presently using them on my Demigod game and I am whipping up on the AI.

Any civ, really, is best for a Chieftan game as it is so easy to win. The only thing you should be looking for is whichever civ has the best traits for your strategy (eg. Militaristic for war, Scientific for tech, Religious for Culture)

just a beginer said:
Which is the best Civilization to use for a normal game in Chieftan?

random. if you are playing chieftain you are learning the game and random will help you learn better.

Ginger_Ale said:
By the way, try starting on Warlord instead of Chieftain. Chieftain can give you some bad habits.
I disagree. You're just learning the rules on Chieftain, I think it's a necessary step. Once you've got those pretty much down, it's time to switch to Warlord to learn some strategies. You have to use different strategies at every level, and with every civ and every map, anyway.

If you're on an Archipelego map and have Conquests, try Byzantium. Seafaring + scientific, a very nice combination for an early lead.

You have to learn to take advantage of whatever civ you choose.

Do not be afraid to restart the game, everytime you realise you have gone down the wrong track, or think about a better approach.

Learning this game requires an iterative approach. Each time you will learn something new, think of something new, do something new.

The whole game is (normally) won or lost in the opening turns to 1000BC. Keep finetuning your strategy for this period (the expansion period) to get the most of whatever start (and whatever civ) you have.

Keep reading at this site and you will be playing Monarch in no time.

I always find both Chieftain and Warlord to be a bit screwy since your the one out producing the AI by default. That really messes things up in a lot of ways. You tend to get into the habbit of playing aggressively and build up strategies of 'out-producing' the AI where in anything at regent or above you can't do this.

Maybe it's just me, but I really can't stand either Chieftain or Warlord, unless I'm just out to have cheating-fun with it.

But the best Civ would be anything except Industrious since you already have the advantage with building. I guess expansionist trait might help, or agricultural. Try the Incas...

Nyvin said:
I always find both Chieftain and Warlord to be a bit screwy since your the one out producing the AI by default. That really messes things up in a lot of ways. You tend to get into the habbit of playing aggressively and build up strategies of 'out-producing' the AI where in anything at regent or above you can't do this.

Ehm, it is very much possible to outproduce the AI on monarchy, due to, what I call: the stupidity factor. The AS just isn't as efficient with his recources as a good human player...

El Dorko Grande said:
Ehm, it is very much possible to outproduce the AI on monarchy, due to, what I call: the stupidity factor. The AS just isn't as efficient with his recources as a good human player...

That's not by default...and it's called 'monarch'

Top Bottom