Will Greece civilization ability be the ability to play as two civs at the same time?

To come up with 18 civs on release, I believe there will be one Greece, with a choice of leaders. I am glad to see it as more leaders for already released civs will come with future DLC's. They probably did this with release to allow for a scenario where you do play either Athens or Sparta in a Peloponnesian scenario, the one time both will be on the map at the same time.

To come up with 18 civs on release, I believe there will be one Greece, with a choice of leaders. I am glad to see it as more leaders for already released civs will come with future DLC's. They probably did this with release to allow for a scenario where you do play either Athens or Sparta in a Peloponnesian scenario, the one time both will be on the map at the same time.

I hate uneven leaders for civs because it leads to seeing different civs at higher rates or lower rates depending on how they're sorted at the beginning of the game. Everyone should have two or everyone should have one.

With a multiple leader mechanic with switching, assassination becomes viable. Of course the alternate leader then is invulnerable or killing them both is a victory condition....

... hmm.

well, if it's multiple leaders, then it would follow that it would read like previous civ information;

Shared 'greece' UA
shared 'greece' UU
individual 'leader unique'.

so more likely they'd both get the same UU, and/or like teddy, have an extra one in their leader slot.

They could be one of the civs with 2 UU, with second being attached to leader.

With a multiple leader mechanic with switching, assassination becomes viable. Of course the alternate leader then is invulnerable or killing them both is a victory condition....

Occam is crying in his grave...

They could be one of the civs with 2 UU, with second being attached to leader...

My money's on the Trireme being the Generic Greek UU, and the Hoplite being specific to Gorgo.

I'll also like to make a side bet where once Persia is released as DLC, they'll come with a Persian Wars DLC to make use of the Leonidas, Themistocles, and Artemisia Great People. Xerxes fits the Big Personality quota after all.

Or it'll be Cyrus and they'll do something with Scythia and "Assyria" (Sumer). But I digress.

On original point - playing to leaders at once is bad idea. The game has some roleplay element, so you know who you represent and who you're fighting against. Switching leaders would break it right away.

What if they're going to be co-leaders? You open the diplo-screen and they're both there to greet you.

So Sparta and Athens BFF's when you open the diplo screen? please no, again, it's most likely the return or multiple leaders per civ back into the franchise.

I bet that is only one civ: Greece, with it's unique ability (maybe linked to science) and unique infrasctructure. And two Different leaders with their own agenda, leader bonus and unique units.
Pericles: will try to suzerain as much city states as possible, he will have a bonus getting envoys and +1 diplomatic policy slot and the trirreme UU
Gorgo: agenda and bonus related to military, hoplite UU

*I didn't see it anywhere, thats just my guess.

I can imagine Greece getting bonus for Great People generation and an Agora Unique district.

I think a mix of Austria and Venice UA's from civ 5 would fit Pericles very well, form a web of CS alliances and annex the ones you need and gain extra bonuses, focus on naval and commerce.

I can imagine Gorgo needing less amenities to keep the people happy, and bonuses to military units experience gain (to get a good elite force before anyone else), maybe even a trickle or resources per conquered city to Sparta.

Whatever way it is, since it will be the showcase for multiple leaders, I think they'll make sure they feel like each leader brings a diferent playstyle to the same civ. (if not what's the point)

she was the actual ruler of Sparta (her father was the previous king and then she was Queen).

she was also the leader of Sparta, in real history not the fake movie garbage, when the Persians invaded.

To be honest, athough I am Greek, if I didn't search her name on Google, I wouldn't know who she was. She is NOT well known, even for Greeks. If they haven't watched the 300 movie, that is.

Why would they put Gorgo as a Greek leader just to have many women as leaders is not understandable. The only purpose behind this I can see is a DLC pack with only women.

Moderator Action: Moved to Ideas & Suggestions

you guys are looking at this the wrong way

there 18 startingcivs and 22 portraits or am i wrong ?
what if spain and greece are the 2 early dlc civs and each dlc civ gets 2 leaders ?

not counting aztec as dlc since we get those for free eitherway

Crazy idea, but what if you're not supposed to choose between leaders when selecting Greece, but there is some mechanic that lets you switch between them during the game? It would be sort of flavorful, Greece being the cradle of democracy and all (but only sort of, as Pericles was a tyrant and Gorgo a queen :p), and the unique gameplay that would ensue might make up for the effort they put in an extra leader instead of an extra civ. Too crazy or might it work?

Moderator Action: Merged Greece and their leaders into the main Greece speculation thread

Ok so this is just my theory: what if each civ has a female and male leader. Spain has Isabella and Philip (Isabella isn't confirmed yet) and Greece has Pericles and Gorgo

Crazy idea, but what if you're not supposed to choose between leaders when selecting Greece, but there is some mechanic that lets you switch between them during the game? It would be sort of flavorful, Greece being the cradle of democracy and all (but only sort of, as Pericles was a tyrant and Gorgo a queen :p), and the unique gameplay that would ensue might make up for the effort they put in an extra leader instead of an extra civ. Too crazy or might it work?

Yeah, that would be my second guess if it is not just two different leaders for one civ (with different leader abilities).

Perhaps the switch can happen every time you enter a new era or change the government, thus giving the player more flexibility.

What I find extremely unlikely is either that:
- you will "play as two civs", or
- there are separate Athenian and Spartan civs.

she was the actual ruler of Sparta (her father was the previous king and then she was Queen).

she was also the leader of Sparta, in real history not the fake movie garbage, when the Persians invaded.

This is simply not true. Where did you get that from? I presume you assumed that to be the case because her father was king. But, that is not correct; Leonidas, the brother of her father, was in fact the next King.

As Wikipedia says:

'She is notable for being the daughter of a king of Sparta, the wife of another, and the mother of a third'

Anaxandridas II, father of Leonidas I and Cleomenes I, was succeeded by his son Cleomenes I, father of Gorgo and brother of Leonidas I. Cleomenes was succeeded by his brother, Leonidas I. Gorgo was just her uncle Leonidas' queen consort, not a queen regnant.

Top Bottom