Win a copy of "Old World" - tell us about your favourite civ from "the old world" (contest is over)

old_world_competition.png

Since @PiR asked, here an overview over what has been answered.
We had in total 108 answers, of which some mentioned multiple civs, in total I counted 114 entries (although I might have miscounted, you never know).

From the already established Old World civs "Rome" is clearly the favourite with 21 votes, followed by Egypt (11) and Greece (10). The least popular civ is Persia (2), and the new civ, the Hittites, are the favourite of only 1 person.

I've listed all civs, which were mentioned more than once. Unsurpringly the most desired Civ in this context is Sumer, followed by China and a variation of Israelites/Canaantes. Not sure if Vikings and the English should count as an ancient Old World civ though. In total 16 civs were mentioned once, and we had 5 entries which don't really fit into the proper civ categories (like the Atlanteans or the sea people).

I guess this gives a good selection for the future development, @Dale @Solver ;).

EDIT: I guess the result is overall not that surprising, given a) what the people in the west learn in school b) what the people in this forum know and c) the context of the game.

I refuse to acknowledge Rome as the winner, so Egypt wins. :p

Top Bottom