1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SLGray

SLGray King

I want to make sure that I understand this paragraph. So it is a good idea to not to use CSD because of issues with RtP? I am only using CP with the standalone versions of More Luxuries, CSD (no dll), and Civ 4 Diplomacy Features.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  2. BallOpener

BallOpener Chieftain

Is all of JFDLC compatible with the Enlightenment Era + VP-EE Compatibility mod? I get a weird box at the top and some elements of text on the left disappear in the city view. The mods I'm using are all of VP, EE, VP-EE compatibility mod and all of JFDLCs: ExCE, CulDiv, RtP, EC, CiD. I think the main culprit is CiD and the EE+VP-EE compatibility mod.

Attached Files:

3. Chrisy15

Chrisy15 Flower, Beautiful

Lua log might explain it; it'll be something to do with CID obvs, but idk if it'll be related to EE. Try see if this happens without the Balance Patch?

4. SLGray

SLGray King

Do you need both of EE and VP-EE or just VP-EE? I mean is VP-EE a standalone mod.

5. BallOpener

BallOpener Chieftain

Yes, you do need both VP-EE and EE. After a couple of minutes testing, it's not the EE. It happens to be a conflict between the Community Patch (the latest 1st December version. I also tested earlier versions as well) and the CiD. Hope the lua file is useful to someone. I had also disabled the balance patch.

Attached Files:

• Lua.txt
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  6. Shadow hunter

Shadow hunter Chieftain

Hey If anyone can help me I can't get the government part to work it used to work in eui but not non eui but now both variations don't work.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  7. Chrisy15

Governments are a. In Rise to Power not Cities in Development and b. Don't work with EUI because none of the JFDDLC works with EUI. Ensure you've got RtP enabled and that you've discovered Code of Laws.

8. Shadow hunter

Shadow hunter Chieftain

Thx didn't know I posted this in the wrong area, however for me the government worked when i was using the eui. i'll do a test run for both and see what happens.

9. Falcon87456

Falcon87456 Chieftain

Hey, when I'm running Vox Populi without EUI and with the various JFD mods - CiD, RtP, ECE, and CD, I've been having a bug where the top bar on the screen always looks like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1236559060

otherwise it's fine, but not being able to see things like culture and tourism at a glance, along with the turn never changing, is rather annoying. Thanks for any help!

edit: It has to be something related to the Golden Age tracker, the bar fixed itself after I hit my first golden age but it still says Golden Age (1) as if there's one turn left after the golden age ended.

10. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Warlord

Why did this mod and some others like RtP were removed from Steam Workshop? Will it be up again?

11. Chrisy15

There's a big JFDDLC coming in ~2 days, and it by far exceeds Steam's upload limit so the Steam versions would become very obsolete which implies they weren't before but w/e.

12. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Warlord

Ah i see, thanks for answering. Another question if you will, does JFD mods comaptible with Vox Populi except CBO and framedarchitechture's mods such as Economics?
    I've been hiatus from Civ V for a long time and now everything looks confusing with all updates and changes lol

13. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Vox Populi sans CBO is just the CP and Civ IV diplo isn't it? In which case, yes. Idk about Economics, I don't really remember it all that well :p
    EDIT: Quick look suggests not, since it replaces the Top Panel and is apparantly a DLL mod. Looks interesting, but definitely conflicts conceptually with JFDLC. Maybe there are ideas I can adapt :p

14. Zooasaurus

Zooasaurus Warlord

If you do i suggest you take some ideas from his Emigration, Move Capital and Greatest Cities too
    In the main thread of Vox Populi apparently CSD is included as well, so i wondered about it too. If only for CP and Civ 4 Diplo i would use the Steam Workshop version
    Anyway, what does JFDLC stands for? :p

15. Chrisy15

JFD |---| DLC

Hence why it's meant to be spelt with two Ds :tibs1:

16. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Two Ds looks rood tho :p

Anyway, yes lad, I plan on doing a Migration component. Moving Capital cities was tested out at some point but had a lot of inherent problems.

SLGray likes this.
  17. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

Moderator Action: Locked by request

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.