[WIP] Ireland Map HUGE

Mudokon Pop

Chieftain
I found this unfinished Ireland map on my hardrive today (from 2011) and am not sure what to do with it. If I remember correctly, my plan was to make a Britain & Ireland map but was concerned that I made Ireland too large so that Britain probably wouldn't fit. I gave up shortly afterwards as I didn't want to put all that work in only to find no room for the other island.. Although Britain may actually still fit.

I also figure it might be too large to play (especially if I did fit Britain in) if I only had the four provinces as Civs (Connacht, Ulster, Munster, Leinster), it'd be very sparse. I did plan a single Gaelic Civ but this map would get real lonely for one!!

I'd be interesting in making a Map/Scenario and I know there's been Ireland maps already (but none as large afaik) -- would anyone here be willing to play this? What about an even larger "Pangaia-sized" map of just Ireland with 12 major Túatha(Kingdoms)??

My current plan is to make a British Isles map with my main focus on pre-Viking/Norman Ireland kingdoms. Maybe a later Plantation Scenario as well. As for Britain, I'm not sure if people would prefer to play as the pre-Roman tribes or later Mercia/Northumbria/East Anglia (etc..) Germanic tribes. While I'll be learning Python for University, I can't say I'll be scripting any mods anytime soon!!

A Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Viking and Norman invasion would be awesome if scripted though. I'd also like to mod some sort of Clan System. :D

I see you haven't been active for about half a year but I want to start working on the Irish Civil War scenario and this map could save me a lot of time so if you have it please post it here.

Top Bottom