WoC Player Manual

TAfirehawk

WoC Team Manager
This is the initial manual for the players to know what is changed and added.

Attributes of Modules is here:

Attachments

• WoC Manual - Excel.zip
    51.9 KB · Views: 759
Start of a full manual is here:

Attachments

• World of Civilization Manual v0.100.doc
    56 KB · Views: 1,122
Hi,

maybe I just overlooked it somewhere or maybe it just isn´t there.

A manual how to get WoC running WITH unloaded Mods.

A step by step info on how to make it work, so far I tried copying the files to the Modules folder as well as leaving them in the Unloaded Modules folder.

I would really appreciate some info on this.

Thank you.

Cheers

PS: I am no XML professional of any sort, meaning I am a layman, and would thus really appreciate a simple how-to.

Hi,

maybe I just overlooked it somewhere or maybe it just isn´t there.

A manual how to get WoC running WITH unloaded Mods.

A step by step info on how to make it work, so far I tried copying the files to the Modules folder as well as leaving them in the Unloaded Modules folder.

I would really appreciate some info on this.

Thank you.

Cheers

PS: I am no XML professional of any sort, meaning I am a layman, and would thus really appreciate a simple how-to.

Things load from Modules and do not from anywhere else.....simply move files. If you are adding something new, then the MLF files need updated.

And until this hits v1.00, we won't have much of any instruction as there is no reason to explain how to use v.91 when everything could change before v1.00

K, did that, moved stuff from custom to normal folder that are not named "custom", after hours of playing I get a loadfreeze, meaning I can scroll but it just says "waiting for other civilizations", gave up after 1 hour of "waiting", tried several times, still haven´t got a clue why this happens.

K, did that, moved stuff from custom to normal folder that are not named "custom", after hours of playing I get a loadfreeze, meaning I can scroll but it just says "waiting for other civilizations", gave up after 1 hour of "waiting", tried several times, still haven´t got a clue why this happens.

We removed the Custom name....just one of 1500+ revisions we have done so far....

The current SVN has a lock/freeze issue that we are still working through, sorry....v.91 should be ok though.

No need to apologize!

You guys are doing a great job and given that this is work in progress I expect to have some issues poping up :crazyeye:

Just keep it up :goodjob:

PS: Reinstalling WoC ... trashed that SVN explorer add on, it freezed my explorer whenever I switch to the WoC folder, doing everything with the exe and the dled files I got from the SVN for now.

No need to apologize!

You guys are doing a great job and given that this is work in progress I expect to have some issues poping up :crazyeye:

Just keep it up :goodjob:

PS: Reinstalling WoC ... trashed that SVN explorer add on, it freezed my explorer whenever I switch to the WoC folder, doing everything with the exe and the dled files I got from the SVN for now.

The V0.92 installer is the latest SVN version too, so use that for now.

We have a private wiki site setup for the docs now and once that is done, we will be ready to release V1.00

I know things are quiet right now....but we are working hard on the wiki page that we are calling the WoCiPedia. This is a key component because we are changing a lot of the modular scheme in BtS as well as adding a very structured modding standard, the WoC Standard.

We are also hoping on some fixes by Firaxis....especially since we are just "fixing" their Modular XML Loading system in BtS :)

"3.1 Master Load File

This is not a module, but a controlling mechanism how to load modules, their order, and if they are loaded at all. You can define here several “sets” in each MLF so you don’t have to change your set all the time, instead you just choose the set you want to load (later in WoC development this will also be used to keep save games compatible for loading after you had a different set loaded upon game start. We’ll give a short explanation for the tags.
• MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml
o DefaultConfiguration
This tag will allow you to select the configuration you wish to load. It must match the Type of the configuration
o Description
Thus far, this tag isn’t used, but will later be used to show in the CIVILOPEDIA to visualize the loaded modules to the player
o Directory
This tag must equal the directory name of the module you wish to load
o bLoad
Allows you to disable/enable the loading of any module without removing them either from the modules directory or removing their entrance from the MLF file itself. Instead, you just flag this to 0 if you don’t wish to load any specific module
"

Well, i change the sets, i modify the bload to 0, and everythink is still always loading!!!???

it looks so simple and logicall, and i can't make it work...
not working function yet?? or what??
:confused:

OK..
I partially answered to myself, renaming the "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml" file...

the game launches without any error :confused::confused::confused::confused:

so... my genius tell me that function is not activated yet...
next time i won't spend an afternoon trying to understand it....:cry:

i think i read a v1.1 would come, hope it will be inside...
that MLF is looking like a nice system !!!

any idea why i get pink color on any inew tech/unit... icon, and on new 3D textures???
:(

OK..
I partially answered to myself, renaming the "MLF_CIV4ModularLoadingControls.xml" file...

the game launches without any error :confused::confused::confused::confused:

so... my genius tell me that function is not activated yet...

That feature is enabled in 1.0 and has been enabled way back before 1.0 too.

Not having an MLF is identical to loading everything without a specific order (i.e. an MLF of all 1's). So of course everything is being loaded ;)

Only once you do have an MLF having 0's in it or not having some subdirs in it will cause those dirs to not be loaded.

next time i won't spend an afternoon trying to understand it....:cry:

i think i read a v1.1 would come, hope it will be inside...
that MLF is looking like a nice system !!!

any idea why i get pink color on any inew tech/unit... icon, and on new 3D textures???:(

next time, do not try to figure something out when the mod is not even working correctly for you.

My guess is you messed up the install in one way or another, pink means the texture is not found. No idea how you managed to achieve this however (or I would have answered in your first post about this issue).

nice to hear it should be working...
but, i really don't see where is the wrong thing...
(i have all exe files, and extract in my mod directory:p)

a "MOD" path could break it??? if the path inside XML is "mod" ???
lower/upper case could be the problem???
:confused:

I changed the mod directory used to install the Woc...
i forgot the one in my documents/my games/BTS

for teh mod directory originally inside my BTS directory...
dunno why, but there it works...

Top Bottom