1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[R&F] Wonder building progress of foreign civilization

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ansive, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Ansive

Ansive Chieftain

Is there a way to determine in how many turns a civilization will finish a wonder?
    Or at least to know what percentage they have already built?

Right now I just guestimate the percentage based on the model I see in the world map versus Wonder movies I find on youtube. But it's fairly tedious.

Is there maybe a website that shows the 3d model for each wonder in something like 5% increments?

2. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Warlord

Not that I know of. It's even more of a pain when it's in fog of war. I just compare their picture to my picture. Yeah, not real accurate.

3. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Yeah, no good way that I know of.

4. Tobizi

Tobizi Chieftain

You can see it when you have a spy established in that city, right?
    But that needs a free spy and some time.

5. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

This is one tricky problem i tried to "fix" indirectly by searching for alternate ways to (at least!) detect exact time/turns. Don't forget most AI tend to "rush-build" stuff around if their production stash allows it. Wonders sometimes are quickened too during their last one or two turns.. seen it often enough through the means of smallish personal file edits shown below.

As you explained above.. currently, the only reliable method to obtain nearly accurate hints is to watch any of those 3D/Modeling progress with help from a custom "coloring" schema provided by 1) the MoreLenses mod & 2) A sharper FOW layer that enhances all map elements at once.
    The FOW.artdef file has to be edited though.. like this on line #235;
    -----
    <Element class="AssetObjects..FloatValue">
    <m_fValue>0.050000</m_fValue>
    <m_ParamName text="Models_ParchmentWeight"/>
    </Element>
    -----
    BigBen is the toughest to accurately predict since its last clock "beams" construction take three turns on average **IF** you could catch that final process at the right moment to react & beat the AI to it. Needless to say.. there's a lot of luck involved for every attempts, btw. You have to synchronize your rush pace with spare time against competing AI(s).

Except for another mod created for Civ5 (adeptly called -- Wonders Race) that kept track of simultaneous projects & giving some warning -- Civ6 still doesn't have a specific mod that does it for us, sadly. I wish i could code that out from the afore-mentionned C5 LUA source code version -- it shouldn't be that hard for somebody with the right skills, i guess.

6. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Well, we've never had it as an option before. I actually really like flicking between my wonder and one in the FOW to figure out who's ahead. I think it's marvellous!

7. Depravo

Depravo Siring Bastards

Now they're bringing back the World Congress and things like the World Games it would be nice if something like this was added for international projects.

I don't mind a bit of production wastage competing for the gold, but so many times I found I'd committed four or five times the production of the second in line.

8. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

After some solid experimentation with a few gameplay features, i can safely report that there are TWO very specific systems that could form an hybrid modded solution to get a true "Wonders/Racing" tracker device.

1) TopSecret access allows us to always see full banners of any AI.. if they build a Wonder it's already there. Hacking such a function to be called as a cheat process should be possible.

2) A special Gossip feed announces that some AI has just started building Wonder X. If such reports would always trigger on any and every such start-ups.. it becomes a simple matter of pushing such parameters into a temporary pool that activates an indirect custom #1 above as persistent visual cues through the fog (related to their Build spheres/Icons/Turns alone).

I'll have to dig a bit further but it looks really promising, AFAIK.