Wonder Ideas for C2C

I agree with you Hoskuld, with designated medic units, military units don't need the heal promotions, aside from march, otherwise it kinda makes the healer line moot, or at the very least less important since they have drawbacks in cost last I checked.

I wanted the Shaolin Monks to be a really good city defense unit (compared to the Guard, they have +3 Strength, and have free promotions, but they're limited to being built in the Shaolin Temple city) that could heal a little. The Shaolin Monks upgrade to City Guard. I was intending them to be part of the Town Watchmen-Guard-City Guard line.

I feel that once gunpowder units become available, martial arts start to fall by the wayside. I think it's kind of odd that the Training Dojo/Master's Dojo don't go obsolete until Homo Superior in the Transhuman Era, even though their benefit only applies to Melee and Recon units, and only the Recon units get the bonus once Arquebusiers/Musketmen come on the scene.

I noticed in v19 the Medic promotion line is available again to most military units -- is that intended or did something get broken? The Shaolin Monks have Medic I so they can heal a little, and when I first thought up the idea, most military units couldn't get any Medic promotions. The Monks would NOT be able to upgrade to Medic II or III since Herbal Cures (I thought) would be required to actually promote a unit to Medic without the promotion as a bonus (either assigned in the unit code or from something like Red Cross).

Two things ...

1. Tibetan Culture already gets a unit similar to the Shaolin Monks.

2. In the future I plan to make different Martial Arts Dojos. Each will give their own unique promotion and/or unit. I have not worked out all the details yet since it is far down on my to-do list.

Two things ...

1. Tibetan Culture already gets a unit similar to the Shaolin Monks.

Actually, the Tibetan Dob Dob and the Shaolin Monk are pretty different. The Dob Dob is a Light Swordsman with free Guerrilla/Mountaineer promotions and the Shaolin Monk is a defensive/healer unit.

2. In the future I plan to make different Martial Arts Dojos. Each will give their own unique promotion and/or unit. I have not worked out all the details yet since it is far down on my to-do list.

If you come up with a different effect for the Shaolin Temple, that's fine. I just thought there was enough legend surrounding the Temple that it deserved to be included as a Wonder.

@Vokarya could you post your field of gold files so I can look at them out in the form you have them. Thanks.

Here is what I have. I put FieldGold.xml and init.xml (as I modified it) in the Assets\Config folder, FieldGold.py in the Assets\Python folder, and the entire FieldGold folder in the Assets\Modules\Wonder folder. I know the Wonder builds the way it should, but I don't see any bonus to leader reactions when I build it.

Ah ha. I know what is happening you are getting the apparent rating and the actual value mixed up. Look at the Lotus Temple code and my comments and the response to it, because I did the same thing.

I'm still getting the BugConfig error when I start a new game. I suspect that this is preventing the Python code from having any effect. The BugConfig error is pointing directly at the FieldGold.xml file that I put in the Config folder, so I don't know if the Python code is even getting a chance to trigger.

Here's the XML code (it's a straight copy from Ishtar Gate):
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<!--
    Tsentom1's python wonders - The Istar Gate
		Adapted to the Field of the Cloth of Gold
-->
<mod id="FieldGold" module="FieldGold">
  	<event type="buildingBuilt" function="onBuildingBuilt"/>
</mod>

I attached a screenshot of the error message. This is what I see whenever I start a new game with the Field code installed.

If you look in the PythonErr.Log file it will tell you that you have an indentation error. White space is part of the syntax of python. Attached is the fixed file.

If you look in the PythonErr.Log file it will tell you that you have an indentation error. White space is part of the syntax of python. Attached is the fixed file.

Thank you. I understand that part now. The Python is working now, but there is one last thing that I don't quite get.

This is the complete file for the Python that I am using, and it is giving +3 relations with all leaders, whether they are met or not (I tried a test game, and I got +3 relations with a leader I met after building the Field). I would like to limit the relations bonus to only leaders that the builder of the Field has met. I think I am supposed to use an isHasMet test on the same line where it checks for the other player being alive and not barbarian, but I must not be getting the syntax right. I think that the line:

Code:
if (pPlayer2.isAlive()==true) and (pPlayer2.isBarbarian()==false):

should read:

Code:
if (pPlayer2.isAlive()==true) and (pPlayer2.isBarbarian()==false) and (pPlayer2.isHasMet()==true):

but that is giving me "Error in buildingBuilt event handler <function onBuildingBuilt at 0x1E493EB0>", so it must not be right. Is there something about that test that is different?

Spoiler :
Code:
## Sid Meier's Civilization 4
## Copyright Firaxis Games 2005
##
##
## Field of the Cloth of Gold
##
## When the Field is built the player gets +3 relations with all other players already met.

## Dancing Hoskuld
##
## Converted to BUG/WoC standard
##

## Adapted from Ishtar.py by Vokarya

from CvPythonExtensions import *

import CvUtil
import sys

# globals
gc = CyGlobalContext()

###################################################

def onBuildingBuilt( argsList):
	'Building Completed'
	pCity, iBuildingType = argsList
	game = gc.getGame()

## Field Start ##
	if iBuildingType == gc.getInfoTypeForString( 'BUILDING_FIELD_GOLD' ):

iPlayer = pCity.getOwner()
		pPlayer = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer)
		iTeam = pPlayer.getTeam()

#### Check for all players, alive and non-barbarian
		for iPlayer2 in range(gc.getMAX_CIV_PLAYERS()):
			pPlayer2 = gc.getPlayer(iPlayer2)
			if (pPlayer2.isAlive()==true) and (pPlayer2.isBarbarian()==false):
				for i in range (1,4,1):
					pPlayer2.AI_changeAttitudeExtra(iTeam, +1)

## Field End ##

Here are my latest two creations. The first is the mountain fortress of Alamut. This serves as a fortress and allows training Hashishin units.

View attachment 311789
View attachment 311790

The Hashishin is supposed to be a medieval-era Assassin. I gave them a recolor so they can (hopefully) be distinguished from regular Assassins at a glance. I also moved the Drugs requirement from the building to the unit. You can build Alamut without having Drugs, but you need the drugs to condition your fanatically-loyal Hashishin.

View attachment 311785
View attachment 311782

The second Wonder is the Field of the Cloth of Gold. This gives you a relations bonus with all leaders you have already met. This one is more complicated to install; the FieldGold.xml and init.xml have to go in the Config folder and the FieldGold.py goes in the Python folder.

View attachment 311784
View attachment 311786

Let me know what you think of these.

We can't include thse in v20 since there is a freeze on at the moment but once it is released I will put them in the SVN so they will be released in v21.

We can't include thse in v20 since there is a freeze on at the moment but once it is released I will put them in the SVN so they will be released in v21.

OK. Should I start a new thread for v21 wonders? I have a bunch more ideas that I'm working on.

No just keep using this thread.

I will. In fact, I'll use it right now for wonder #7: Svalbard Global Seed Vault.

This provides you with just about every food crop resource I could find (from tiles, not the building-produced ones; I decided there was a limit). The reason for the -50% anger reduction is because the Vault is to protect from disasters (random events) and if I remember correctly, the unhappiness from random events works the same as the unhappiness from whipping.

View attachment 311825
View attachment 311826

I did notice that there seems to be something strange about the icons for Melons and Pumpkins; they don't show up correctly in the main Sevopedia screen or the Wonder movie, but they don't affect granting those resources (see the third screenshot).

View attachment 311827

Let me know what you think of this one.

It was asked over in the Help Wanted thread what the Svalbard Global Seed Vault would do to corporations.

I did some looking at the current corporations. No current corporation can get more than +5 resources from the Vault, and the +5's are limited to Bullseye, Mallwart, and the Mercers Guild.

Most of the corporations that could benefit from the Vault actually compete with each other. For example, Standard Ethanol competes with EVERY other corporation that could benefit from the Vault's extra resources. It's possible with some very specific combos to exploit every resource, but I think the only combination that can do that is Bullseye/Mallwart + Equestrian Guild + Mercers Guild + Wonka Confectionaries + Sid's Sushi Company. That would be close to impossible with Realistic Corporations on, and with that option off, it would require a lot of setup.

Put Field of Gold and Alamut on the SVN. Forgot the seed vault. :( Will add that soon.

@Vokarya I am trying to standardise where the art and movies are stored. The former so we can move the art into FPK files to speed up turns and loading. The latter because if you have a lot of ArtDefines_Movie XML files around some seem to get lost and the movies don't play properly.

If you could start using the standard form that would be great. Otherwise I will need to do it myself.
Code:
Vokarya
   Wonder X
      Art
        Interface
           Buttons
              Buildings  <-- building buttons go here
              Units        <-- unit button goes hers
        Movies
           Wonders     <-- movies go here
        Structures
           Buildings     <-- buildings go here in their own folder
        Units              <-- units go here in their own folder

Put Field of Gold and Alamut on the SVN. Forgot the seed vault. :( Will add that soon.

@Vokarya I am trying to standardise where the art and movies are stored. The former so we can move the art into FPK files to speed up turns and loading. The latter because if you have a lot of ArtDefines_Movie XML files around some seem to get lost and the movies don't play properly.

If you could start using the standard form that would be great. Otherwise I will need to do it myself.
Code:
Vokarya
   Wonder X
      Art
        Interface
           Buttons
              Buildings  <-- building buttons go here
              Units        <-- unit button goes hers
        Movies
           Wonders     <-- movies go here
        Structures
           Buildings     <-- buildings go here in their own folder
        Units              <-- units go here in their own folder

I can do that. Do you want me to fix any of the Wonders I have already posted?

If you do one just to make sure what I wrote and what you understand by what I wrote is correct, that would be good. I have been experiencing some communication problems this week and so I am cautious. ;) No disrespect meant.

Top Bottom