1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder Improvement Pack [MODCOMP]

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Edungeon, Feb 11, 2008.

1. wr4th

wr4th Chieftain

Just to clearify. CERNs oldest accelerator still in use is the PS from 1957 which will be part of the pre-accelerator-chain for LHC (Large Hadron Collider) which will hopefully be running in late 2008.

And you don't need fancy stuff for a particle accelerator: You need a source of particles, an electric field for the acceleration and a magnetic field for bending and focusing of the beam. Actually every old TV is some kind of particle accelerator. But it gets of course a little more difficult if you want to collide two beams at a very high energy :)

PS: the LHC is the biggest machine ever built (~27km circumference)

2. kairob

kairob Biohazard

Awsome. Thanks for the info, a little to sciency for my but I am sure if my bro reads this he'll find it interesting. ;)

3. Cethegus

Cethegus Chieftain

Personally I'd rather CERN be added than Channel Tunnel. It's the center of science in Europe.

4. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

if anything, the Channel Tunnel should provide trade routes, since that's exactly its purpouse. And it is definitely a world wonder, while the Oxford University is merely a University, it can barely be the name for a national wonder, but even that would be pretty arbitrary (why Oxford and not Cambridge or other Universities ?).

5. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

This will be insanely tough to mod, but...

Channel Tunnel
    - can only be built in city on coast
    - allows units to move from one coast to other coast if coastlines are 2 or less tiles apart.

6. onedreamer

onedreamer Dragon

well you should also add some other bonus (trade routes ? ;) ) because like that, it wouldn't be worth the cost...

7. blizzrd

blizzrd Micromanager

Sounds more like the Suez Canal (or Panama Canal) than the Channel Tunnel to me.

8. kairob

kairob Biohazard

I think he means from land tile to land tile across sea tiles, the canals work the other way around.

9. Jinnai

Jinnai Chieftain

I think Zheng He's Treasure Fleet would be better than Channel Tunnel...although it might conflict with the Harbor you're adding (though it was a much grander project than Carthage Harbor).