Wonder limit

quikesan

Chieftain
Hi,

how is the wonder limit at the moment?
I have started the scenario Orion (nice one, btw) and the limit is set to 1.
Is this intended?
Does the limit increases somehow with time or technology?

Where is the variable to modify it?

Thanks very much in advance

----EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok, I have been checking some xml and I am guessing it depends on the culture level?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
1 to start. Includes Poor and Fledgling.
2 at Developing (480 culture on Normal speed). Also includes Prominent and Refined.
3 at Elegant (12,000 culture on Normal) if you use Realistic Culture Spread, Influential (24,000 culture on Normal) if you don't.
4 at Impressive (120,000 culture on Normal) if you use Realistic Culture Spread, Legendary (240,000 culture on Normal) if you don't.

That covers all the levels.

The accumulated culture for Culture thresholds are multiplied by 2.4 to take into account that AND games last 2.4 times as many turns as in vanilla BTS (example: 1200 turns on Normal compared to 500) and then multiplied again by 2 to compensate for the more numerous culture buildings in AND. I calculated that in BTS, non-religious/non-Wonder buildings can generate a maximum of 8 culture/turn and +50% to all culture generated in city. In AND, by the end of the Modern Era, it's around 47/turn and +110% to culture generated, rising to 56/turn and +130% in the Transhuman Era.

Great. Thanks for the accurate explanation.
Where can I find this kind of documentation?

Thanks!

The Civilopedia needs a lot of updating, but it's one of the last things I want to do because so much of it isn't auto-generated. So after we finish tweaking just about everything else, then the Civilopedia can get updated.

Thanks

I guess this sort information is kind of difficult to add up to the Civ, because it is more related to game mechanics, rather than items description (units, buildings...)
The Civiclopedia works great for describing and relating descriptions of elements, but not that well to describe processes and game mechanics.

Some national wonders don´t count towards the national wonder limit, some do. How do I know the difference? Everything that produces energy or materials?

Yes, any National Wonder that produces a resource doesn't count towards the wonder limit. The tag <bNoLimit>, that in BTS is only used on the Palace, is used in AND on resource-producing National Wonders and on the Holy City Shrines as well. That way you can't get locked out of a Shrine if its religion happens to found in a city already full of Wonders.

There's something else RyoHazuki noticed in our current MP game: he was building a wonder but suddenly a corporation was autofounded in his city, filling the last empty slot and preventing him from completing the wonder. When auto corporation founding is active, I think Corp hq should not count toward wonders limit. What do you think Vokarya? I think I can do it via dll.

There's something else RyoHazuki noticed in our current MP game: he was building a wonder but suddenly a corporation was autofounded in his city, filling the last empty slot and preventing him from completing the wonder. When auto corporation founding is active, I think Corp hq should not count toward wonders limit. What do you think Vokarya? I think I can do it via dll.

You'd have to do something at the DLL level to make no-limit status flexible. It's all-or-nothing right now. I don't think that's a bad idea. The only other solution I can think of is two separate sets of Corporation HQ's, one for regular and one for Realistic Corps with no-limit on the Realistic side, but that might have so many ripple effects that I would be leery of using it.

I wouldn't want to make Corporate HQ's no-limit in general. I think being able to stack too many of them with +% gold National Wonders (like Wall Street) or World Wonders (like Las Vegas Strip) would be problematic.

You'd have to do something at the DLL level to make no-limit status flexible. It's all-or-nothing right now. I don't think that's a bad idea. The only other solution I can think of is two separate sets of Corporation HQ's, one for regular and one for Realistic Corps with no-limit on the Realistic side, but that might have so many ripple effects that I would be leery of using it.

I wouldn't want to make Corporate HQ's no-limit in general. I think being able to stack too many of them with +% gold National Wonders (like Wall Street) or World Wonders (like Las Vegas Strip) would be problematic.

Yes, I can do it in the dll. I only wanted to make sure it's ok with you to remove HQ from wonders slots count when using auto founding.

Yes, I can do it in the dll. I only wanted to make sure it's ok with you to remove HQ from wonders slots count when using auto founding.

I'm fine with that. It's a fix to an unintended interaction, in this case wonder limits + auto-corporation founding. Sometimes you make two rules that don't get along unless you make a third.

Top Bottom