worker as good as modern armor?

Cyrik

Chieftain
just noticed the bigest design flaw in civ3:
when the comp wants to compare your army with the army of another civ he just counts the units (even the workers!) and compers them. so when you have 200 workers your far better then someone with 100 modern armors or nukes or whatever.
i found this bug in my latest game where i was playing the reverse pope strat and didn´t sell any techs anymore at the end of the industrial age. about 1800 i had about 50 modern armors, 50 mech infs and some flying ****. well i wanted to get some russian towns, not capture all of them. i attacked, kicked 6 towns in 1 round(they had rifelman and knights) and wanted to get peace again. they told me i would have to pay a huge sum!
i looked at the military screen and my advisor told me my military was far weaker then theirs :confused:
so here comes my spie and looks what they have. they had about 200 units, mostly infantry and knights, rest even worse.

That may be a good way to get the comp to respect you - may a crapload of warriors and workers - then they think you are strong militarily and leave you alone.

The game also doesn't differ between land and sea units.
Thats why my military advisor kept telling me my army was weak, because I had no naval units(all civs where on one single continent) and since the AI rates your army the same way as the advisore they kept on demanding techs which eventually brought me into war with them.. I captured 11 cities in 27 turns and lost 1 mob. infantry in the whole war with "compared to these guys our army is weak"....

If it were up to me, the strength of a civ's army would be measured by the sum of its attack and defense points, not its numbers of units. That would take into account the superiority of advanced technology.

If my enemy has 30 knights, and I have 15 modern armor, the computer currently thinks it has an army twice as large as mine. However, add up the total attack and defense points, and you get a far more accurate assessment of the situation.

Perhaps this could be addressed in the patch?

Top Bottom