Workers

Singularity

Infinite Density
I tried the latest GOTM, and found my greatest lack of skill at early infrastructure building.

I've prowled the various resources for opening strategy and infrastructure and find little hard information on an ideal worker build. I guess I could try it out myself, but valid experienced tips more now.

My basic dilemma is this: I play to capture most land early in the game. Building workers before I get Granaries or Pyramid is hard because it significantly puts me on a disadvantage compared to the AI. At the same time I could have irrigated plains and mined grasslands with shields - thus improving my settler output frequenzy. I find it hard to get to that equilibrium where I don't suffocate my population building workers or stall terrain improvements too long.

I often find myself with 6-8 cities and only 3 workers working overtime to connect them with roads and perhaps get a lux resource along the way. My only landimprovement is around my capitol to get those extra couple of shields from good tiles. My question is how many workers pr. city you deem neccesary to get from that lonely capitol untill you start building the Forbidden Palace? To make it a bit more easy I think peacetime expansion is the setting for my query.

*bashes head*

Should've thought about that earlier. Experienced players with the same map should help me finetune my early build. Thx.

Still think that a guide with figures comparing too few/too many workers would help in the annuals of the War Acadamy....

*bashes head*

Oh, and you may want to try this instead: :wallbash:

Yes, about 1 worker/city is right, give or take.

Workers are the heart of my empire.

one deity game I played, I had 7 workers total in my empire, and I had 100 some cities.

My thing is:

Slave Labor RULES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There were SO MANY slave workers I captured, man, they are doing a good job, well compared to how much I am paying them, they ARE doing a great job.

Top Bottom