World Cup!!

zooropa86

Chieftain
ok, so this isnt a very developed idea, but it just came to me.

some one should make a world cup wonder. who ever builds it first gets to decide which city to host the world cup (this would bring in lots of $$$ but would cost some hammers) and it would happen every 30 or more turns.

of course, any hosting city would require a soccer stadium built (new building)

if your team happened to win the world cup it would produce a boost in culture and happiness.

the strength of your squad could be determined by population, resources like wheat or pigs, the amount of gold u invest in the team, or maybe even new technologies of skill and fitness training.

some one please do this!! suggestions are welcome!

Well. I think the Olympics are a better idea than World cup.
Although..Organized sports are a good idea for a technology - allowing building of athletic stadium (not soccer stadium ...) (-1 health, +2 happiness, +5% upkeep cost) and pub (-2 health, +0.3 happiness for every ath. stadium in the country) National wonder: British pub (-3 health, +0.3 happiness for every ath. stadium in the world)

:)

Make it a World Wonder or something
Olympic Stadium or World Cup Stadium
But how will the result determined
Hard to say

well, i suggest a playoff bracket. the inicial rankings could be according to game score of each civ, or something not too complicated.

then, when any team ´battles´ another, it´s strength could be a funcion of many things: the civ´s population, its resources, wether or not it has the medicine tech, etc.

for example say a team gets awarded 1 ´point´ per million habitants, and this were the only variable we dicided to have affect the teams strength. a civ with 20mil. pop. vs one with 16mil. would be like a unit 20 strength vs 16.

the game would have to somehow have to calculate the strength of every team, and pit team against team according to the bracket.

i have no idea how to program, but it seems like a possibility. :crazyeye:

another tricky issue that i dont know if it could be done is the periodic occurences of the cup.

my idea was that once a civ builds the wonder the event would happen everyso often. (its supposed to be every 4 years, but that would be like everyturn in the game. and it has to be something special, thats y im saying once every 30-50 turns)
i originally suggested the possibility of choosing which city to host it in. but thats not really necesary, it seems thatd be tough to do.

then theres the issue of what happens after a civ wins the cup. it could generate +1 culture +1 happiness, or whatever, in every city of that civ until the next cup starts. then what? could the next cup somehow expire the effects of the previous cup? like techonologies do to wonders, or maybe act like a winable luxury?

specific ideas dont really matter right now, its more of a feasability issue at the moment. anyone up to doing this?

keep the opinions coming:D

SkippyT said:
Well. I think the Olympics are a better idea than World cup.
Although..Organized sports are a good idea for a technology - allowing building of athletic stadium (not soccer stadium ...) (-1 health, +2 happiness, +5% upkeep cost) and pub (-2 health, +0.3 happiness for every ath. stadium in the country) National wonder: British pub (-3 health, +0.3 happiness for every ath. stadium in the world)

:)

How does a pub have anything to do with ath. stadiums?

Top Bottom