World Domination 1885

I havent had any time to check out the whole map yet, although it looks great on the screenshots, lots of fun industrial nations and cities filled with optimistic nationalism.

Norway at the time was incorporated in the Swedish Empire and acted as a Part of Sweden in Foreign Policy. , Swedish-Norway union to be specific i Think.

yepp thats right also finland and poland was "occupied" by russia but its boring if id give it to them completely in next version im goin to make Norway influenced and maybe teamed up with Sweden

let me know any more suggestion you may have, i need ideas :p

For some reason, when I complete the Liberty branch and get the free great person, I am unable to actually select which great person I want, pretty much ending the game.

I think this is because of the new civ mods, as I recall having a similar problem with them before.

For some reason, when I complete the Liberty branch and get the free great person, I am unable to actually select which great person I want, pretty much ending the game.

I think this is because of the new civ mods, as I recall having a similar problem with them before.

i take look at this. if its really caused from the extra civs ill replace them with original extra civs, they are atleast playable :p
_______________________________________________________________________-
and Lenin could you describe when exactly the crash happens and how it "looks" and maybe give me the error name

i played now ~10 test games with min50-turns without problems caused by the scenario

so i tested the Liberty branch issue and it works fine for me i can choose the great person, mods that uses "InGame.xml" may cause that problem according to this thread http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=414242

also i noticed on >prince difficulty Britain still got a huge unhappiness prob goin to fix that

anyways in next version the mod Civs will be replaced with Original Civs i want them playable ^.^

The game crash immediatly after it finish loading, and here is a picture since it vault a thousand word

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 74
Good to know there's a fix for that then :D

I'm sorry to be such a pain, but I'm now realising that 3 of the custom civs (Canada, Austrailia, and one other one) all have names like TXT_KEY_CANADA and stuff, making them a pain in the ass to play.

I was looking forward to playing as Canada :(

The game crash immediatly after it finish loading, and here is a picture since it vault a thousand word

couldnt you click "View problem details" and screenshot again? :p

did you test other scenarios or custom games if they are working?
i did have similiar crashes but they were all caused from some messed up dll's and lua libs nothing had to do with the scenario directly, i simply solved it by reinstalling the game

oh and are you sure you got all required DLC's besides Polynesia?

Good to know there's a fix for that then :D

I'm sorry to be such a pain, but I'm now realising that 3 of the custom civs (Canada, Austrailia, and one other one) all have names like TXT_KEY_CANADA and stuff, making them a pain in the ass to play.

I was looking forward to playing as Canada :(

yeah noticed that too, im finishing new version as soon as possible so you can play atleast "fake Canada"-(2nd brits) :p

you are no pain let me know any problem you find with the scenario

I have found out how to paly as the custom civs. You just have to start up a game on the map, then quit back to the menu, then go to start the game again. The second time around you'll get to pick the custom civs. :D

Canada and Austrailia are still all TXT_KEY though.

hah thats some strangeway :D

so heres the possible fix for this im testing this now

"The 'error' is located in the XML/new text/game text.XML file of the mod. The orgin of the error is the city names - civ doesn't like it if a txt key is repeated anywhere in the game and it occurred to me that Oz might share city names with the english civ. The culprit in this case is NEWCASTLE. I changed the 'newcastle' city name to 'seven emus', partly b/c of a previous post, but also b/c i knew no other civ would have such a name. And lo, it worked, the Australian civ appears in menus properly - sweet."

simply said civ5 doesnt like it if there are 2x of the same city names and this messes up all the rest of the NewText file

It work!!! it was one of the mod you suggested, i just enable the civilization and it work now

At my first turn with Germany i get 2 free tech is it intended? and when you get your modbuddy working i would if i was you limit the tech tree to pre-ww2, so the scenario will only focus on this time period

It work!!! it was one of the mod you suggested, i just enable the civilization and it work now

At my first turn with Germany i get 2 free tech is it intended? and when you get your modbuddy working i would if i was you limit the tech tree to pre-ww2, so the scenario will only focus on this time period

yepp its supposed to be so, i gave Germans instead of 12000 culture points the full "Rationalism" tree cause i want them to be scientific even when the AI plays them :p

about the industrial era ye thats even one more reason to make Hulfgars modpacks compatible with the scenario :D

Ok, because it was weird, at turn number 2 i was able to have mecanized infantery :crazyeye:

sounds abit overpowered but well its the same result you would have with the 12000culture points and goin deep into Rationalism tree

I have found out how to paly as the custom civs. You just have to start up a game on the map, then quit back to the menu, then go to start the game again. The second time around you'll get to pick the custom civs. :D

Canada and Austrailia are still all TXT_KEY though.

doesnt works for me it crashes on after loadscreen when i do that, anyways i already replaced them all with original civs in "1.3" since the TXT_KEY..:" problem is annoying i only know how to fix that on Australia but not the others

Austria Hungary will be 2nd Germany
Australia: 2nd Brits
Canada: 3rd Brits
Nederlande: 2nd American
Sweden: 2nd Denmark

ofc they will all be named right ingame besides the adjective which i cant change in Worldbuilder

Nice work so far. Hope you keep it up :) Some notes:

The tech jump to mech inf is indeed too powerful. Especially with the Scenario Speed Mod ;-)
The brewery is not working for me.
Did you plan any historic events ?
Will there be new units / techs for the era ?

Top Bottom