World Map

ru4t42

Chieftain
A Huge World Map for Conquests with accurate resources and starting positions.
360X360 square by square accurate reconstruction of earth.
31 Civilizations with civ-related resources, based on real modern production, adjusted to the timeline of the game (For example Silk in China, no horses in America).
Due to its size, although europe is still crowded, there is enough space for early expansion.
Resources are realistically placed.
For example, European nations have the advantage of early strategic resources, but need to expand or trade to acquire luxury or later strategic resources.
The following pictures show the distribution of resources and the starting positions of several civilizations around the world.
In East Mediterranean:
The Balkans with significant bauxite, coal and wine production, Greece, Byzantium, oil in Romania, horses in Thessaly, homeland of Achilles, and in Thrace. You can also see the marsh that was once Thessaly.
Asia Minor,mountainous, Ottomans, Hittites.
Dyes in the Tyre Area famous for the Tyrian purple.
Cyprus with an iron ore for its copper mines.
Northern Africa with Carthage, Egypt, wheat production, marshy Nile Delta. Sparse oil deposits in Libya.
Italy with Rome, Vesuvius and Etna and to the north the Alps and the Celts.
You can also see the barbarian villages in their historic location, Minoans, Etruscans etc, making things difficult for some civs. Athens is invaded by the Myceneans before it can produce its first warrior. (-10 gold for +25 when you respond back). (This setback can be fixed if needed)

Ideas for the next version of the map:
The Silk Road. A network of roads, already placed, connecting Asia from east to west, permitting trade between nations, that would be otherwise difficult, impossible or too late.

Attachments

• Cosmos.zip
    123.7 KB · Views: 2,179
  • East Med.JPG
    East Med.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 1,187
  • West Europe.JPG
    West Europe.JPG
    321.7 KB · Views: 1,322
  • South Africa.JPG
    South Africa.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 596
  • East Asia.JPG
    East Asia.JPG
    301 KB · Views: 820
1st post and a giant map!

looks good! very much like TETThurkan's (hope, i spelled that right)

Looks really good!

THere seems to be a huge lot of wheat in southeastern europe..don't know what's the exact bonus but i think this will result in heavyer growth in Hungary than eg in Shanghai or in Tokyo.
The riverplacement seems quite good only in Califonia might some more river (even if they are small ) be usefull.

This is a great map. I will probally try it out in about eight years. When my average computer can run it. (This actually isn't sarcastic.)

How do I get this in Editor?

You download the archive from the link provided in the first post in this thread. Then you extract the .biq file from the archive to the "scenarios" folder in your /Conquests directory. Then you either double-click on the .biq file itself, or else open the editor and direct it to open the file that way. Then it is in your editor. Capiche?

You download the archive from the link provided in the first post in this thread. Then you extract the .biq file from the archive to the "scenarios" folder in your /Conquests directory. Then you either double-click on the .biq file itself, or else open the editor and direct it to open the file that way. Then it is in your editor. Capiche?

Capiche. Thanks.:D

Glad I could be of service.

i have some problems, 1st i always start in spain
2th i can't edit the map because i get the "no valid civ3 scenario file"
3th my civ3 editor crashes even when i load a good file

Maybe your first issue is due to the starting point in Spain being assigned to "Player #1" or something of the sort?

This mape is very nicely made! However, is there too much space on this map such that you can't fill it entirely with cities because of the games max city limit? That's always the downfall of most huge maps.

~Hiram.

what is the city limit?

Top Bottom