• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

World War!!

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
We are now at war with the Zulus, having defeated the English... However, things...

could... get... ugly... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Time for a little World War! :nuke:

IMHO the current situation happened because of some bad decisions on our part.
  • we had 2 ironclads blocking the passage at Raven's Flight; 2 more should block the passage at Kadessa; the iron clads are elsewhere, we have Persian and Aztec ships in our water
  • since several turns, a bunch of transports is sitting idle near Newcastle; now we are in a need of airports, because we didn't ship our troops in time
  • the invasion force for England IMHO was overkill; we should have sent at least half of the transports towards the NE shore to invade Persia.
  • we should have signed military alliances vs. Zulus to keep the Aztecs and Persians busy
Enough of this whining: What can/should we do now? I would suggest as follows:
  1. surround the Aztecs with conscripts plus put a ver infantry in Needles
  2. declare war on Persia NOW
  3. make peace w Zulus and form rop and ma vs. Persia with them
  4. sign rop and ma vs. Persia with Aztecs
  5. move those idle transports!
  6. raze some Perisan cities to get workers for strategiy railroads
  7. hurry some culture to occupy all of former Greece and Egypt

tao said:
IMHO the current situation happened because of some bad decisions on our part.
  • we had 2 ironclads blocking the passage at Raven's Flight; 2 more should block the passage at Kadessa; the iron clads are elsewhere, we have Persian and Aztec ships in our water
  • since several turns, a bunch of transports is sitting idle near Newcastle; now we are in a need of airports, because we didn't ship our troops in time
  • the invasion force for England IMHO was overkill; we should have sent at least half of the transports towards the NE shore to invade Persia.
  • we should have signed military alliances vs. Zulus to keep the Aztecs and Persians busy

• How do you know that?

1 - The AI has Navigation. They could have attacked from anywhere. There's an AI galleon in our south anyway. Besides, it's hard to block an invasion on another continent (Aztec invasion near the former Zulu chokehold) with 2 ironclads on the other side of the map. ;) Even if it WAS blocked, they still would've declared war.

2 - Several transports HAVE been moved, but even furiey didn't move them in her turns. The troops were healing, and I *HAVE* started moving units. Don't be so quick to blame, Tao!

3 - Only if you'd seen how tough it was to root out England. They had quite a few defenders. Underestimating your opponent can be fatal. We're a republic, we HAVE to win, or else war-wariness sets in.

4 - That's what I'VE BEEN TRYING TO TELL EVERYONE!!!!

It seems my pleas for defenders in our cities went unheard and now we have to eat the sour fruit of the seeds we've sawn.

1 thing: draft Infantry units and wait what the Aztecs do. Make peace with the zulu. If the Aztecs attack: they'll be our next target, if they do not attack: prepare for the Persian war with Zulu and Aztec allies.

I've even said we need more defenders... governors are so hard to please... :/

This means head for the nukes!! :nuke: :nuke: Is that right? :D

I'll get my research team working full power!

EDIT: So if they want to fight dirty, right back yah Aztecs and Zulu! :lol:

Sarevok said:
I found that out the hard way when I was Minister of Defense.

I learned that in DG2. Isn't that right, Cyc? ;)

Chieftess said:
I've even said we need more defenders... governors are so hard to please... :/

I recall asking if we needed defenders in Norwich and you said we didn't. Remember Chieftess? Don't put the lack or armed forces on the governors.

donsig
Governor of Norwich

IIRC, there were some defenders there already. Isn't Norwich a more corrupt province too? We've done a bit of expanding as of late, too. Yes, we can handle it, but we will need the defenders...

The Following is a Joint Plan between the Department of "Defense" and the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
This plan calls for the following:
Increased output of defensive units by all able cities. Definition of "able"- Ability to create a shield per turn output of 30 shields (a 3 turn infantry). If there is not a drastic increase of defensive units, MIA will begin a draft, drafting units in every major (greater than or equal to size twelve, or an "able" city) city if need be for three consecutive turns.
MIA and DOD would also like to start abandoning any city that does not have a great wonder in it. We would like to keep the canal that was captured last chat, but all upcomming Zulu cities with the exception of Zimbabwe are to be raized by order of the MIA and DOD. The DP has discression to keep a port city to get the Ivory flowing, however.
The City of Groton is to start work on Battlefield Medicine.
That is all for now
SaaM

It would actually be better if the wording was:

"Raze any captured cities north of the Zulu chokepoint with the exception of cities that hold wonders. Also raze cities south of the former Iroquois lands, but spare the Iroquois cities and spare those cities that have wonders).

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
The Following is a Joint Plan between the Department of "Defense" and the Ministry of Internal Affairs.
This plan calls for the following:
Increased output of defensive units by all able cities. Definition of "able"- Ability to create a shield per turn output of 30 shields (a 3 turn infantry). If there is not a drastic increase of defensive units, MIA will begin a draft, drafting units in every major (greater than or equal to size twelve, or an "able" city) city if need be for three consecutive turns.
IMHO this shows that DoD and MIA don't have the slightest clue on what they do. This drafting will cause massive unhappiness, stop wltkd, anf reduce productivity. I asked for an expedited Judicial Rview on whether drafting is within the obviously incompetent decision of DoD and MIA or within the Governors' responsibility.

The lack of strategic planning shall be remedied by drafting. What a mess!

I'm not in full support of the drafting. Stuck did that as a measure to get governors to build defensive units. I don't even LIKE drafting.

The drafting is my attempt to scare people. I wouldnt seriously do it. I know what the consequences are, tao. This is scare tactics. Its like saying there are card carrying, atheistic communists in every neighborhood and managing to pass a bunch of laws restricting personal freedoms and adding two touchy words to a pledge. Say one thing and do another, only here the drastic measure was said in hopes to get the less drastic measure done.
SaaM
MIA Head
PS: Did I mention there are godless, card carying communists in every Fanatican city and the only way to stop them is to station defensive units?

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
This is scare tactics. Its like saying there are card carrying, atheistic communists in every neighborhood and managing to pass a bunch of laws restricting personal freedoms and adding two touchy words to a pledge.

hmm? ...

:p

I'm obviously just dropping in, but how bad are the Aztecs tech wise? They seem to still be early industrial, while Fanatica is in the modern age. That doesn't seem so bad :p.

Nope, far from it. they have an infantry IIRC.

Stuck_As_a_Mac said:
The drafting is my attempt to scare people. I wouldnt seriously do it. I know what the consequences are, tao. This is scare tactics. Its like saying there are card carrying, atheistic communists in every neighborhood and managing to pass a bunch of laws restricting personal freedoms and adding two touchy words to a pledge. Say one thing and do another, only here the drastic measure was said in hopes to get the less drastic measure done.
SaaM
MIA Head
PS: Did I mention there are godless, card carying communists in every Fanatican city and the only way to stop them is to station defensive units?
The card carying communists in Audiac have reacted to your scare tactics by agreeing on a military boycot in case of any drafting. :D

Top Bottom