No turn-event-log? Missing! In earlier versions of civ! Add one.

Vurrath

Chieftain
Event turn logs can be quite important in terms of at the very least, determining which player, AI-civ, or city state declared war FIRST. Just started a turn in 1752AD, without having had ONE war, nor even witnessed any of other civs... and a bit like in the chain reactions of a world-war,.. 35,.. yes THIRTY FIVE ... declarations of war, in one turn.

Hmm. Might? need to be able to get an idea about who did what, Firaxis?

pffff. nothing wrong with the turn-events-logs from previous versions.

new mod. ASAP.

387 turns without it ... 35 ... in one turn.

just-supposed to let the automatic declarations determine my/our intentions/postition?

if only everyone's allies were that easily convinced, it'd be one big world out there, for EVERY brat. it's not. diplo / relationships are complex, and conditional.

Way too litte information. Have you checked the gossip log? That should tell you who declared war first. But beyond that, why don't you know? Didn't you see messages during game of war declaration? What was the key data? Your power number? Two highest power numbers? How close are their capitals to your capital? What are victory conditions? Why do you allow so many city-states? Have you installed the city/resource/unit data addin? How many grievances did you have with 2 strongest civs? How long have you played civ6? How long have you played any civ games. etc, etc....

Way too litte information. Have you checked the gossip log? That should tell you who declared war first. But beyond that, why don't you know? Didn't you see messages during game of war declaration? What was the key data? Your power number? Two highest power numbers? How close are their capitals to your capital? What are victory conditions? Why do you allow so many city-states? Have you installed the city/resource/unit data addin? How many grievances did you have with 2 strongest civs? How long have you played civ6? How long have you played any civ games. etc, etc....

gossip log.... aah dates? while that might show a date for EACH, does it NOT,.. not-show the ORDER in which actions happened WITHIN one turn.

i.e. as i said, i'd been playing the game so far, without being a part in, nor seeing one war between any of the AI civs... and then in just-one turn, i'm seeing 4 civs vs. civs messages in the pop up circles on-screen,.. but nothing certain about the order ... left-to-right?

and 31 or whatever it was, city-states being dragged along / causing indirect ones.

essentially i'm saying that the old event-log, ORDERED which happened first, in a SINGLE list, rather than as you're suggesting, having to go into each gossip screeens, but not being able to see? which happened first, if they happened WITHIN THE SAME TURN.

Hence why i've already been specific about same-turn needs.

researching demands or other things that might indicate who did what, before someone declares war, is one thing, but being able to be SURE, if you're particular about war, unlike other hostile actions, demands, denouncements, trade embargoes, etc... is something that some players like to be uniquely REACTIVE to ... i.e. using force.

it's a human choice, amongst AI reasoning, i know,

but what about when there are multiple human players, and you want to be sure?

you're playing against a liar, who claims in the chat that the other guy started it,.. but without being able to see an ORDER, of which happened before the other WITHIN a single turn,.. how can you be sure?

THAT's what i'm saying. although in my case it's all AI civs. still matters to me.

---

OK, just had a look at gossip logs... aaaaaand it doesn't even have dates. ?? i realise you might be able to guess,.. but without having to COLLATE and sequence logically, a single list is much easier to just scroll through. sigh.

i don't think most of the rest of your Q.s are neccessary to answer my question, so i won't answer those, although i am curious as to what you mean by "power number" ?

thx for replying :)

Your concerns make sense in MP. I only play vs AI. "power number" is military strength and is a major factor on whether an AI will attack or not. My experience is the most powerful parts of the formula to attack or not, are 1- gap in military power, 2- distance to closest city, and 3- key attributes of leader, i.e., tends to focus on military or other concerns. The formula seems to be different for vanilla, R&F or GS flavors.

Question everything!

What makes you think finding the 1st civ to declare would help your gameplay? It may not be a snowball avalanche but the AI using the same formula for civs all coming to the conclusion that the spoils are too juicy. Stopping the first may not do anything to the others.

Top Bottom