[R&F] Worldbuilder?

_ViKinG_

BERSERKER
So, any news on the worldbuilder realease? why does that take so long to fix

I try again. Some one knows when it wil come? Do you think they are waiting for the game to be finished so not many people can make alot of scenarios and stuff ?

I don't think there has been any real news about it since shortly after Vanilla was released and they announced it would be 'coming soon.' Since then people have made mods and have put instructions online regarding how to access a pre-existing in-game worldbuilder but it is... not easy to use and was certainly never meant to be made public in its current form. This is illustrated by the fact that you need further mods and/or instructions to actually play a map you made...

Personally, even with the mods, I've given up - and worldbuilder has always been a beloved part of every Civ game for me. The maps are incredibly time consuming using the current 'hidden' in-game mapeditor and you can spend a whole day making a map only to have it crash and refuse to load so... yeah, no announcements and given how unresponsive Firaxis is I doubt we'll ever see an official one.

I doubt this feature is being worked on much, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was added when all expansions are released. I hope for the opposite though, because like Ever Adrift, I too have mucked around with the annoying builder that is currently 'present' and after making two maps have given up. There is simply no joy in the effort that is needed to get the custom maps running.

It's a promised feature, so I really hope they'll introduce it asap.

Top Bottom