worms...

useless

Social Justice Rogue
what r worms? are they just some unit or something? what are they::confused::confused: :confused: :confused:

Uhh, they're Planet native life...I'm surprised for somebody who owns SMAC!:eek::crazyeye:

ive just got it ...

Oh! Well then, a word of advice: Worms can be either your friends or your enemies...:D

ok thanks for telling me now

They are something like an AC version of barbarians, yet they are qait different in concept.

First of all they dont use normal weapons and are not affected by your/enemies attack or armor. They use Psi attack. The higher level they are the stronger their psi attack will be.

Second, you can build/capture them, and use them as your troops. They can be verry powerful if used corectly.

Third, they have some spetial bonuses: When on fungus, their psi att/def is higher. They are not affected by "moral" but by "planet"
, probes cant do a dingo to them.....and so on....

thanks again!

how are they?

You probability to capture wild worms (and other native units) increase with your planet rating, and the Gaians start with a +1. Also the gains seem to acutomaticly capture the the first worm they attack.
To capture a wild unit you have to attack it (with atleast one full movement point when you do so). With a planet ratinf od +1 you get base chance 0f 25%; +2, 50%; +3 or higher, 75%. The base appears to be lowered as accumulated capture wild units. If you fail the capture, you fights a psi combat.
For psi combat weapons and reactor level are not relevant, what goes into the calculation are native unit life cycle (size) other unit morale, some special capabilities, some planet friedly technologies. If you attack and destroy a native unit, you get so energy credits (money) because of planets pearls (useful istotopes) in its carcass. The can be an importent soucre of income early the the game.
A soon as practical take some high morale units and hunt worms.

thanks again!

Originally posted by Shirastro
They are not affected by "moral" but by "planet"
Are you sure?

If so, I missed one very important thing. This might lead to some interesting strategies. :)

Bad thing with worms is, there are no clean reactors for them.
Good thing is, they don't give a xoxx for your opponents fancy new weapons technology.

Originally posted by smalltalk
But their maitenance cost goes away away while they lurk in fungus (but they still give extra drones at -2+ police ratings).

uhh... well thanks again! :thanx:

So much things to learn about this game. :)

Now I wonder, Lefty, where your got your valuable info about worm maintainance in fungus from. I doubt it's in the manuals.

(Yeah, of course, it's assimilated knowledge ;) )

Like useless said, thanks!

Originally posted by smalltalk

Are you sure?

If so, I missed one very important thing. This might lead to some interesting strategies. :)

Good thing is, they don't give a xoxx for your opponents fancy new weapons technology.

Sorry my bad. Its not planet that acts as moral, but lifecycle.....sorry

Top Bottom