1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst City Improvement

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by solarjetman, Nov 9, 2001.

1. solarjetman

solarjetman Chieftain

So I open up Civ3Edit, wanting to make a simple mod -- just the addition of one city improvement. But I find that I cannot add any city improvements, only change them. So to add my city improvement (a Radio Station, which reduces corruption and requires Radio, see my post inthis thread), I have to remove one. My pick was Solar Power, but I figured I'd take a poll to see what you all think.

So what do you think is the worst city improvement, and why?

2. Mnus

Mnus Chieftain

I never use SAM missile battery or Coastal Defense, but that's typically because I'm far ahead technologically wise, and the enemy doesn't even have airplanes. This might change when I stop playing regent.

Also, Alot of the power plants I will never use......I just build Hoover dam.

3. shirleyrocks

shirleyrocks Chieftain

I'd probably have to go with the Nuclear Plant. I always go for the Hoover Dam and once that's built, any city without a river gets a solar plant. No need to risk meltdowns if you don't have to. It's too bad Firaxis didn't leave a couple of open slots for stuff like that.

4. curmudgeon42

curmudgeon42 Chieftain

I wouldn't choose Solar Power. I use it quite a bit, because the Coal adds polution, which i always seem to have in abundance already.

5. SkidiWili

SkidiWili Grand Inquisitor

With the hacked civ3edit you can add more city improvements to the list. Dunno how well it works...