Worst Civ in the Game??

I'm talking about after the longhouse is built though. At that point, it is only 1 food.

If you have a Lumber Mill Forest Tile (guess what, Lumber Mills can exist in Longhouses Forest Tiles), it is only 1-food-3-production. If you're the Iroquois, you have 1-food-4-production tiles which are more useful than a mine unless you're using Five Year Plan.

With that change of yours, it's a 2-food-4-production tile. Basically, a self-sustainable Mine, with a tech-path that doesn't force you out of what is expected for a peaceful science victory - or a cultural victory.

Essentially, yeah, it's pretty darn powerful.

Refusing an offer to go to war has no diplomatic impact, don't spread misinformation.

It does. You get a negative, 'you refused to help us during war time,' which is small and insignificant at first, but eventually these negatives add up in time for ai to use against you.

It does. You get a negative, 'you refused to help us during war time,' which is small and insignificant at first, but eventually these negatives add up in time for ai to use against you.

That triggers if you say for them to wait 10 turns and then refuse. If you just plain out refuse, you won't get a negative modifier.

That triggers if you say for them to wait 10 turns and then refuse. If you just plain out refuse, you won't get a negative modifier.

You dont? Well you used to in civilization 4 at least. That mustve changed from civilization 4 to civilization 5.

Yes, Japan is a low tier civ. Their UA's are weak and the Samurai is merely an above average unit. Samurai come at an awkward location on the tech path for rushing them and melee units are simply not that great in general.

To rush Samurai you have to sacrifice teching towards Universities which is a simply bad idea in FFA.

Impi's on the other hand are a spectacular unit because they facilitate the University tech path without the need to even get xbows.

If you have enough units then just produce and delete workers or units for gold. There is no such thing as too much production. Production is good, it helps you make everything in the game.
Japan is low tier? Oh c'mon guys! I haven't play as Japan but AI uses them perfectly. Their Samurai spam is irresistible, if you are not a war-favored faction defeating them is pain in the ask*

*Ask, a nicer word, no? Thank you Kassie for this nicer word :D

You dont? Well you used to in civilization 4 at least. That mustve changed from civilization 4 to civilization 5.

when they come with some request (war, gpt, lux etc) you dont lose diplo points when refuse to help. but its an opportunity for you to get some if you accept the request.

you lose points when you lie or change your mind

when they come with some request (war, gpt, lux etc) you dont lose diplo points when refuse to help. but its an opportunity for you to get some if you accept the request.

you lose points when you lie or change your mind

Yes, thats true.. i used to believe that refusing war invitations from ais in civilization 5 annoyed ais like they used to in civilization 4.

India and Venice.
India's UA simply limits expansion and because land is power in this game, limits your ability to win. So if land is power, India is a potato. So, if I need a certain luxury and I can settle there, I eat double unhappiness... so I have to kill my economy in order to win the game? How is that fair? I can't win for losing with India's useless UA.
Then we get the uselessness of Venice. Why can't I make settlers? Why do I have to spread my power all over the map by buying city states? Seems like a dumb concept to me, a concept I want nothing to do with. What was Fraxis thinking when they though of this? You can kiss defending individual cities goodbye when your forces spread all over the world.

So in short, these two civilizations always result in a reroll if I'm playing random. They are useless and not civs that I want to begin to strategize around.

India and Venice.
India's UA simply limits expansion and because land is power in this game, limits your ability to win. So if land is power, India is a potato. So, if I need a certain luxury and I can settle there, I eat double unhappiness... so I have to kill my economy in order to win the game? How is that fair? I can't win for losing with India's useless UA.
Then we get the uselessness of Venice. Why can't I make settlers? Why do I have to spread my power all over the map by buying city states? Seems like a dumb concept to me, a concept I want nothing to do with. What was Fraxis thinking when they though of this? You can kiss defending individual cities goodbye when your forces spread all over the world.

So in short, these two civilizations always result in a reroll if I'm playing random. They are useless and not civs that I want to begin to strategize around.

India's ua is kind of ironic because its ua experiences less happiness. For example, i was able to get a domination victory with Russia and India in the emperor difficulty and you know what the main difference was? Unhappiness. With Russia i was taking a longer time making my citizens happy than with India. I even had the fountain of youth with Russia, too. I couldnt believe it.

I mean, it's got a slow start, but once India gets rolling, there's no stop. Happiness can't drop after the first 100 turns, man, it's amazing.

India definitely is not weak, not at all. In start, it seems you getting extra unhappiness but after turn 100 all getting normal and after 200 -or so- you just becoming homeland of happy people.

Essentially, India is extremely powerful but they have a slow start.

its maybe better for india not to build cities but to capture them?
you start with one city, build NC, build an army elephants, go conquer a couple of cities
did anybody try this?
captured cities already have improved luxes and some population so you dont suffer excess unhapiness phase
also, you can keep them as puppets for some time making it easier to build NWs and take policies

Top Bottom