Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BeOS

• OpenSTEP

• Other?

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
ME is by far the worse on the market today, I upgraded a friend from ME to XP and it was like she got a new PC...

Microsoft has been striving for everyone to be on an NT type OS for years but they couldn't just switch becuase of compatability problems, so every version of NT that came out since NT 3.51 had a DOS like version released too, for NT 3.51 it was Windows 3.11,
for NT 4.0 it was Windows 95, for Windows 2000 it was ME,
basically it's an afterthought and a spiced up 98 which is a spiced up 95.

ME will be the last DOS based OS that Microsoft will ever make

Goodbye DOS, long live XP

Microsoft OSs are unstable and unsecured. The interface is simplistic and inefficient. Customisation of important functions within the core of the OS is non-existent. Conversion will be made to a Linux based OS with the acquisition of new hardware and construction of network. Afterwards Microsoft will be irrelevant.

Originally posted by hbdragon88
Linux is strictly for the geeks. Computer geeks and all that understand Linux. Even with its new Lindows and all it's still not up to steam with Windows. And if you download Linux you gotta download all the programs yourself as well.

I resent Macs because of their commercials, they really drive me nuts. I tried Macs once and didn't see the glamour and hype that the switch people say. Maybe if I owned one I'd see but $1300 for the sunflower mac is a bit high.

You can buy linux distros at frys with more software than you'll ever need. If you can insert a cd and click yes a whole bunch of times, you can install linux.

The worst operating system that is in common use is Windows 95. That thing is horrid. I just *hate* it when I get a bug report from a client using Windows 95. I wish I didn't have to support it. It's impossible to develop on; if a program crashes, you have to reboot the machine, if a program leaks GDI objects, awful things start to happen.

I just shudder at using it. It's bad, real bad.

-Sirp.

Those that have a problem with Linux are inexperienced with the operating system. This is a logical statement but it would seem that logic is lost to those that brand Linux as useless. The case for Linux does not need to be made. The serious computer user already knows. That is all that is important on this issue.

I hate ME. Kept gettin loadsa errors when I had it. It couldve been my fault as im such a computer novice but now ive got Windows 98 I get virtually no errors

Windows 95/98 were pain in my arse... always getting blue screens and other stuff. WinXP works perfectly, and hasn't crashed in last ½ year at all.

Top Bottom