1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WoundedKnight's Strategy Guide (Revised)

Discussion in 'Civ4 Strategy Articles' started by WoundedKnight, Nov 18, 2005.

1. pataroka

pataroka Chieftain

Hmm, I thought "whatever" when the author said creative is a weak trait. Everyone has his own opinion.

But when I got to the part about the coal plants I was :eek: :crazyeye: :confused: WTF?!

...And I just stopped reading. And actually after going through the first few parts of this guide - I don't intend to read the rest of it at all.

And just for the record:
    COAL PLANTS' -2 HEALTH PENALTY IS REMOVED WHEN YOU SUPPLY THE CITY WITH AN ALTERNATIVE POWERSOURCE!!!

So I suggest the author tries to get some multiplayer or high level AI experience before being so direct and explicit in his strategy guides and proposals.

Anyway, thumbs up for the time spent to write this, but try harder that's my remark.

2. yanner39

yanner39 Emperor

First off, great guide - very helpful.:)

Your strategy (bolded) makes alot of sense. I have found myself in the past trying to cottage spam, yet no one is working the tiles so it's really pointless.

I do have a question however. If I remove a farm and put a cottage, won't that affect my food supply and could I potentially find myself in a situation when the growth is stagnant, even starvation?

Or, do I simply harm the times that give me >+2 Food supply so that once I remove the farm, I end up with a +2F, which is enough to feed that tile?

This to me would make sense. If I farm a tile that has initially a +1F, with the farm, has a +2, when I remove the farm, I will go back to +1F, which is not enough to feed the citizen of that tile.

Am I making sense here?

Thanks again for the guide.

3. Crusher1

Crusher1 King

As a rule of thumb keep it simple. Simple means working enough food sources so you have +3-4F (5-6 if you count 2F from the tile the city is founded on) while the rest of your citizens work cottages.

:confused:

4. oyzar

oyzar Have quit civ/forums

This guide is very old and as such a lot of what is written in it has changed. About the cottages there is an entire article devoted to it, but to sum it up, yes you don't want to work any 1 food tiles pre-biology at least(plains tiles), better to convert the grassland to cottages earlier.

5. Sun Tzu Wu

Sun Tzu Wu Deity Supporter

If WoundedKnight or someone else is willing to edit the corresponding Civ 4 War Academy article, I can provide several minor corrections to it. Is there any interest in revising this great article? It would remain focused on Civ 4 Warlords, since updating it to also cover BtS would be a major edit.

孫子武