WW2 Town Class Cruiser (HMS Belfast)

Joe Harker

1st in the Premiership!
My first unit!

This was made a long long time ago (January this year), and currently i still can't get the turrets to work (when animated they appear far forward of the ship and do a rotate from centre at the mid point, not turn on there position, but apart from that it I am rather proud of that as a first go.

It currently has no animation as a result of the turret problem, but it does have the dummies from the destroyer model already in it. Note the name of the file is Belfast, not HMS Belfast.

I was going to make a County Class Cruiser next, but GM beat me too it! :)

Enjoy and if someone could tell me how to do the turrets that would be a big help :goodjob:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=9288

Nice ship. But the turrets are not only not animated - they also appear pink'ish - do i need to copy some of the stock-textures for them ?

The belfastuvw_Cone01_Cone01.dds is missing from the download, I doubt that is a regular file.

It supposedly is located in C:\Documents and Settings\Joe's Computer\Desktop\HMS Belfast\ even though the ship is in f:\belfast\ (in case Joe wonders where the dds is) ;)

The belfastuvw_Cone01_Cone01.dds is missing from the download, I doubt that is a regular file.

It supposedly is located in C:\Documents and Settings\Joe's Computer\Desktop\HMS Belfast\ even though the ship is in f:\belfast\ (in case Joe wonders where the dds is) ;)

Ok, I just checked and I have no Joe's Computer folder...? Should I call Microsoft??? :confused:

:rolleyes:
:mischief:
:lol:

looks good

the problem is that even if you change the postion in Nifskope the postion is reseted in the animation files to the standard destroyer position. And it seems that your front turret (the one linked to a turret node [# 40]) has this strange behaviour, because not the turrets turns in the animtion, the node itself. And when the turret is not in the exact xy coordinates of the node, he will go on a circle

for changing the postions of the turrets in the animations files, look (worked for one of GM ships) here. But it´s still in the test phase! AFAIK GM models his ship to the gun positions of the ship he wants to use the animation.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=271331

Ciao
The_Coyote

Edit:
it seems that the turret texture is the same like the ship texture (linking the turrets to included texture gives me the impression it´s the right one)
Another comment, why no delete the exported UVmap layer (not sure if its the right describtion) after finishing the painting to get rid of some of the black lines
pic added ;)

Attachments

• Belfast_demo.jpg
    Belfast_demo.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 184
Sorry everyone should have checked that it work first :blush:

I can't upload it at the moment but should be able to do it tonight.

It looks like a very nice unit. I will be anxiously awaiting for the finished version with animations. :)

Top Bottom