WW2 Unit Graphics

@Fairline In your WW2 US units big collection (I believe some of the others have similar units) or those guys directly above and to right (and upper-right diagonal) of the Marines embeded with the sandbags meant to be machine guns or recoiless rifles on tripods?

@Fairline In your WW2 US units big collection (I believe some of the others have similar units) or those guys directly above and to right (and upper-right diagonal) of the Marines embeded with the sandbags meant to be machine guns or recoiless rifles on tripods?
These guys.

Sample_Units.png

I'm getting the sinking feeling that I've asked a stupid question, and no one wants to break it to me.

Aren't those m1918A2, with bipods, differents from m1919 and m2 with their tripods ?
So, they are MG's and not recoiless rifles (which was my inquiry)?

Alright, so looking at some other WW2 (and WW1 and Interwar) collections of nations' units that have very similar-looking units to these ones, but never used recoilless rifles in those days, they're obviously MG's. I should have checked that in the first place. :o

Aren't those m1918A2, with bipods, differents from m1919 and m2 with their tripods ?
Nearly right: left one is the M1917A1 Browning which was a Vickers MG look-a-like and of course the other one is the Browning M2 0.5" cal. Having looked it up the M1918A2 is the BAR, which I've depicted being hand-held on other units EDIT: and, as you say, on the fellas behind sandbags mounted on a bipod. I think the 50 cal M2 still had a tripod, but reversed with 2 legs at the back and one at the front.

Late Happy Christmas / early Happy New Year all :)

Last edited:
Well, fair enough, then. Since I've been unable to find any, could someone please direct me to, or make, an M18 and/or M20 recoilless rifle for my planned Korea expansion that I was bringing up Charioteer tanks a few months ago, for? And, did North Korea actually use the SPG-82 in the Korean War, and, if they did, may I humbly request one, as well? Thanks in advance!

WW2 Czechoslovakia.png

Czechoslovakian units before Nazi occupation (1938-45), Nazi protectorate forces and Czechoslovak units that fought under the French, British, Soviets and (briefly) even the Americans thereafter. Just a collection of Fairline's stuff, only a few minor tweaks here and there.

Last edited:
Hawker Hart.png

42 Hawker Harts powered by a Bristol Pegasus IM2 radial piston engine were produced in Sweden under licence. Four Hawker Harts from the Swedish Air Force saw action as dive bombers, flown by volunteers on the Finnish side during the 1939–1940 Winter War. They used Finnish markings. Six very similar Hawker Osprey floatplanes with Bristol Mercury radials were also used by the Swedes.

Top Bottom