XML errors when starting the game with C2C mod

Crusader2010

Chieftain
Hello,

I'm receiving several error messages when starting up the game with C2C mod activated. (i'm playing BTS 3.19 with it).

XML Error

Tag: BUILD_REMOVE_MANGROVE in Info class was incorrect. Current XML file is:
modules\ls162\NormalUnits\EarlyUnits\EarlyUnits_CIV4UnitInfos.xml

I get the same error for the tags BUILD_REMOVE_FOREST, BUILD_DESERTWINDMILL, BUILD_WINDTRAP, BUILD_GRAPE_PICKER, BUILD_BURN_SWORD_GRSS. I also seem to receive each of these messages twice, as if it tries to load the XML twice.

After clicking OK on all of them the game loads just fine and i can play.

I'm using the latest SVN version r7856. The problem with it might be that the folder NormalUnits\EarlyUnits doesn't exist.

Please let me know how to fix things :) good day!

Sounds like a bad install or update from the SVN. You can't copy one version of C2C over another. It does not work because we sometimes move things around to make things faster or easier to keep updated or just to make stuff appear in a more organised fashion in the UI.

The NormalUnits\EarlyUints folder was merged into the core on the SVN awhile back but after v34 was released.

Thanks for answering. So how can i fix things? if i understood correctly, for the SVN i need to get the Tortoise app, make a folder somewhere and use the "Check out" on it and use the URL for the C2C mod. Then,after the folder is synced, i should copy it into my CIV 4\BTS\Mods folder, load it from inside the game or command line, and then i can play.

What can i do except deleting the C2C folder under Mods and recopying it from the SVN folder? am i missing something/doing something wrong?

Thanks again

i did try that and didn't change anything unfortunately. Then i tried to SVN Export, with "all versioned files". That seems to do the trick.

Top Bottom