XML Errors with mod (Cavemen2Cosmos)

Wanakilo

Chieftain
I recently tried installing my first mod, Cavemen2Cosmos. I followed the instructions from the readme, and several modding tutorials on civfanatics, so I downloded it and extracted it to Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meirs Civilization 4 Beyond The Sword/Beyond The Sword/Mods, then launched civ 4, went to Load a Mod, loaded it, but then got several XML errors at the start up screen, then crashed. Can anyone help me? I'm running Windows 7 64bit with the latest version of the mod (Cavemen2Cosmos) and Civ 4 Beyond the Sword.

Moderator Action: Thread moved, merged, and moved to the C2C subforum :).

Sure that you have the latest BtS version? Did you update...er...via steam (is that possible for Civ4?), via the ingame updater, or did you do it by hand (...if that's possible for Steam Civ4)?

Moderator Action: Thread moved, merged, and moved to the C2C subforum :).

Sure that you have the latest BtS version? Did you update...er...via steam (is that possible for Civ4?), via the ingame updater, or did you do it by hand (...if that's possible for Steam Civ4)?

I'm fairly certain I have the latest BtS version. When I checked "About This Build", it said I have Version 3.1.9 and under that it said "FINAL RELEASE". And I think it automatically updated through Steam.

I recently tried installing my first mod, Cavemen2Cosmos. I followed the instructions from the readme, and several modding tutorials on civfanatics, so I downloded it and extracted it to Steam/Steamapps/Common/Sid Meirs Civilization 4 Beyond The Sword/Beyond The Sword/Mods, then launched civ 4, went to Load a Mod, loaded it, but then got several XML errors at the start up screen, then crashed. Can anyone help me? I'm running Windows 7 64bit with the latest version of the mod (Cavemen2Cosmos) and Civ 4 Beyond the Sword.

There are some problems with installing C2C in a Steam version of BtS. We didn't know until recently and have been working on fixing it. The next version should not have any problems, we hope.

If you can tell us what the XML errors were I can tell if it is the Steam problem (path names too long) or perhaps the Win 7 problem (access problem to write files).

There are some problems with installing C2C in a Steam version of BtS. We didn't know until recently and have been working on fixing it. The next version should not have any problems, we hope.

If you can tell us what the XML errors were I can tell if it is the Steam problem (path names too long) or perhaps the Win 7 problem (access problem to write files).

Well, apparently the crashing was something on my part, since I fixed that (although I'm not sure what I did that fixed it), but the XML errors are still there. I'm sure there's gonna be something that goes wrong later in the game that has to do with these errors , so here they are.

Failed Loading XML file

modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Wonders/National_Library_Service/National_Library_Service_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xmlx.

LoadXML call failed for

modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Wonders/National_Library_Service/National_Library_Service_CIV4ArtDefines_Building.xmlx.

Failed Loading XML file

modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Wonders/National_Library_Service/National_Library_Service_CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml.

Well, apparently the crashing was something on my part, since I fixed that (although I'm not sure what I did that fixed it), but the XML errors are still there. I'm sure there's gonna be something that goes wrong later in the game that has to do with these errors , so here they are.

Failed Loading XML file

LoadXML call failed for

Failed Loading XML file

modules/DancingHoskuld/Custom_Wonders/National_Library_Service/National_Library_Service_CIV4BuildingClassInfos.xml.
a tip from a 64 bit user. dont install games in programs file folder

Failed Loading XML file

LoadXML call failed for

Failed Loading XML file

I am assuming that these are caused by the too long name problem we have with Steam. They have been fixed for the next version due out around 15th Oct.

The National Library service does not come into play until the modern era and based on the error you get I would say you just wont b able to build that wonder. Nothing there to stop you playing C2C.

Top Bottom