XP Themes and Your Desktop

Stevenpfo

Emperor
After stumbling upon this site: http://www.wincustomize.com/, I have been playing with my windows themes, settings and adding new stuff. I was wondering if anyone else mods their desktop/theme heavily? I'm gonna go ahead and post a screenie of my new desktop in the hopes others will do the same. Even if they haven't done anything special to their desktop.

Edit: I dunno if that much memory usage is normal ... But about 80MB of it are 3 programs running in the background that I purposely have running.

Attachments

• desktop_02_01.JPG
    desktop_02_01.JPG
    156.7 KB · Views: 202
That's freakin' awesome :eek:

Samurize does the same thing (but better) and once you've used it, it pretty much wears out its novelty purposes in a matter of days. They are nothing but a memory waste IMHO.

I used to do that to my KDE desktop, but I never add anything overly hogging in XP (because I am running 200MB / 512)

i'm gonna go and check out that Samurize thing. I haven't really noticed a slow down in anything I do (yet) and I play civ and FPS a lot. Maybe we'll see how I feel about all of it in 4-5 days 'cause i'm still pretty happy aesthetically. :p

I do change my theme ever so often. But I run classic set up So I go in and tweek settings. I have yet to try XP themes.

@Stevenpfo

What is the weather thing in the corner? I had one similar and lost it and can't find it. Does it open into a calender?

Royale Noir Theme on XP: simple, and doesnt hurt the eyes.
Spoiler Desktop :

The background is by LogicSequence. And yes, I need to clean up my desktop..

Not really. My desktop is nearly full except when i am at 1680x1050 resolution.
Err, I forgot to remove that part of my post when I edited it. I reposted a screenshot with the clean version. I had the icons start spilling onto the second desktop in the first one.

I cannot seem to find an XP Theme which does not screw over my eyes and actually look good.

Get "StyleXP" or another theme software and it gives you links to downloads. I personally like the Vista theme I'm using with custom buttons, it has a nice atmosphere to it, and I have yahoo widgets on there for another little perk.

There are many options out there dave, you could spend hours looking for the 'right one'.

There are many options out there dave, you could spend hours looking for the 'right one'.

Yeah, I know.

I've found one moderately decent one which doesn't make me want to die and mutilate my body 5 times in a row.

Just keep on looking...

Looks good, get rid of the stuff on the desktop. :p

Such a steal from Macintosh...

Can't get much more interesting than this

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 82
You could have this:

Or any command-line interface for that matter

@dutchking - Where did you get the classic Konfabulator Weather Widget for Yahoo Widgets?

Top Bottom