XTML Help

Grishnash

Mad Scientist
Hello! Okay, so I was just starting to edit Next War, when it stopped loading!!! I was replacing the Southern Empire Civilization with the Great Zimbabwe Civilization i was making. But after I was done, when I tried to load it, it stops at the Init XML (Uncached) and just closes! Poof!
I can't seem to figure out what went wrong, so I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice.
Thanks!

Here's it's file. Oh yeah, I'm on a Mac, don't know if that matters...

http://www.filefront.com/16501309/Next War.zip

How big's the file (i have nearly no space on this pc)?

And what i can guess now:
Shutting down during loading is nearly always a sign for missing art defines. This means for example your new leaderhead is in the leaderhead xml file linked to ART_DEF_GREAT_SIMBABWE_LEADER, but in the ArtDefines_leaderheads.xml it's probably something like ART_DEF_SIMBABWE_LEADER. -> game can't find art to display in the civilopedia and crashes.
-> check UU, UB, leader, civilization artdefines, check it double, and report, if there was a mistake like that.

Okay, so I've double checked the art_defs and their all linked. So, I don't think it's that :(
The file compressed is 30.4 MB and uncompressed is 53.7 MB.
I'm using TextEdit, the Mac's notebook.

Looking at the files:
If your mod is not modular (and it is not), all default entries which are referenced elsewhere have to be in the files.
But in your artDefines_Leaderheads are only the barbarian and your new entry, but the game will also try to load the ArtDef_ entries from the other leaderheads from this file, it will not find it and will crash because of it.

If you add a new unit, a new building, whatever, and you have only one button, and not a button and an atlas, then don't add a comma before the entry of the button (like for your new UB; this will bring the game to crash when you select the building ingame).

For your new UB: If a unit doesn't have a _fx.nif, then just put the normal .nif in that place. Else it will also result in a crash when the unit appears.

Thanks for the feedback! Okay, so i've checked it all and I think I've fixed the Art problem but it still won't load :(
What else could be wrong with the code?

Here's a link to the updated but still not working file
http://www.filefront.com/16520859/Next War.zip

Thanks!

Oh, fixing UU now.
No, I try to load it through Load Mod in advanced options...
:crys:

Here is the text/code from the Next War.ini file in the mod folder

[CONFIG]

; Modular XML Loading
ModularLoading = 0

; Skip Main menu
SkipMainMenu = 0

; Custom Art from user folder is not loaded
NoCustomArt = 0

; Custom XML and Python from user folder are not loaded
NoCustomAssets = 0

; No Custom Scenario option in main menu
NoCustomScenario = 0

; No team play allowed
NoTeams = 0

; Read Game options from XML, not .ini
ForceGameOptions = 0

; Always start in the standard era
ForceStandardEra = 0

; Scenario file (Single player)
ForceScenario = 0

; This mod is only for single player games
SinglePlayerOnly = 0

; Allow public maps to be used with this mod
AllowPublicMaps = 1

; Mod Image file
ImageFile = 0

; Name of Mod
Name = Next War

; Description of Mod
Description = Generic Mod

Oh... Hmmm, I'm not sure where it is either, gonna have to look for it

Hmmm... Okay, can't find it. Any idea where it might be anyone?

I feel stupid, but I can't seem to find it... <,< >,>

Okay, i've loaded the last version today with a debug dll (compiled by phungus), and it seems that you've deleted the entry for the mali skirmisher in the artdefines_units.xml.
After adding it, i could successfully load it.
There's an left over from LEADER_THE_LADY in the diplomacyInfos.xml, but that's a not so hard bug.

Top Bottom