Yatsuan Lacrosse League (YLL)

ice2k4

Emperor
The League is currently in it's first season, however, team registration is still open

For a little extra added fun to the demogame I thought it would be nice to start a sports league, where citizens can own their own and manage their own teams. As for the choice of sport, I though Lacrosse would be nice considering it was originally played by the Native Americans as not only a sport, but a training and simulation of war.

The Yatsuan version of Lacrosse is played as follows:
Each team shall have 10 players on the field at a time, including 3 attackmen, 3 midfielders, 3 defensemen and a goalie. The object is to score a carabba nut (baseball sized, 2 pound, ball shaped nut grown in Southern Yatsuan) into the goal past the goalie. It is played on a 110yd x 60yd field in which attackmen and defensemen must stay in their respective zones, while midfielders must run both sides of the field. All players carry sticks with nets attached to the end of the sticks. Players may not touch the carabba nut with their hands, they must pass the carabba with the sticks. Players are allowed to hit players with both their own bodies and their sticks as long as the player is within 5 feet of the carabba or is in possession of the carabba. Instead of ending the game in a certain time, the game ends when 10 shots have been taken in total by both teams. The team with the highest score wins. Games may be held live in an irc channel. Teams will be rewarded for winning by being given more skill points to distribute.

A visual:

So to register a team for the YLL please post the following:

Team Name: Team "Nickname"
Team City: City the team plays it's home games in.
Team Logo: 70x70 image please. This is optional of course.
Team Colors: Primary and Secondary (in that order) colors of the team.
Other Information: Any other background information you would like to include.

Each manager will distribute 40 skill points amongst the following categories:

Attack: Affects the likelihood of scoring goals.
Defense/Goaltending: Affects the likelihood of stopping goals
Midfield: Affects how often the carabba will be moved into your attack zone. Basically determines how much your team will have possession.

Schedule:
Spoiler Already Played Games :

Saturday April 21:
FHBS at UTD (12:30 p.m. EDT) Final: UTD 3-2
Da Best at Golden D. (12:45 p.m. EDT) Final: Golden D. 2-1

Sunday April 22:
UTD at Da Best (11:00 a.m. EDT)Final: UTD 3-1
Golden D. at Monkeys (11:15 a.m. EDT) (Rained out, Resumed at 8:00 p.m. EDT) Final: Monkeys 4-0

Friday April 27:
UTD at Goden D. (1:00 p.m. EDT)Final: Golden D. 4-3
Monkeys at FHBS (1:15 p.m. EDT)Final: FHBS 3-2

Sunday April 29:
Golden D. at FHBS (12:30 p.m. EDT)Final: FHBS 5-1
DaBest at Monkeys (12:45 p.m. EDT)Final: DaBest 3-2

Sunday May 06:
FHBS at DaBest (8:30 p.m. EDT)Final: DaBest 2-0
Monkeys at UTD (8:45 p.m. EDT)Final: Tie 3-3

Sunday May 13:
UTD at FHBS (11:00 a.m. EDT)Final: FHBS 4-2
Golden D. at DaBest (11:15 a.m. EDT)Final: Tie 2-2

Saturday June 02:
DaBest at UTD (05:30 a.m. EDT)Final: UTD 4-3
Monkeys at Golden D. (05:45 a.m. EDT)Final: Monkeys 2-0

Spoiler Unscheduled dates :

Unscheduled Day:
DaBest at UTD
Monkeys at Golden D.

Unscheduled Day:
Golden D. at UTD
FHBS at Monkeys

Unscheduled Day:
FHBS at Golden D.
Monkeys at DaBest

Unscheduled Day:
DaBest at FHBS
UTD at Monkeys

Standings:
Code:
   Team        Wins  Losses  Ties   Pts.   GF   GA
1. UTD            3     2     1       7    18    17
2. FHBS           3     2     0       6    14    10
3. DaBest         2     3     1       5    12    13
4. Golden D.      2     3     1       5    10    12 
5. Monkeys        2     2     1       5    12    11  

Pts. - Each team is awarded 2 points for a win, 1 point for a tie, and 0 points for a loss. This determines the standings.
GF - Goals For
GA - Goals Against
Teams:

Falcon's Haven Black Stallions
Team Name: Black Stallions
Team City: Falcon's Haven
Team Owner: Ice2k4
Team Logo:
Team Colors: Gold and Black.
Team Info: N/A
Attack: 12
Defense/Goaltending: 12
Midfield: 22
----------------------

Idecive UTD
Team Name: Indecive UTD
Team City: Noneoftheabove
Team Owner: Joe Harker
Team Logo: to come
Team Colors: All white (couldn't decide so went for all of them)
Attack: 13
Defense/Goaltending: 11
Midfield: 22
----------------------

Dutch All-year Beyond Excellent Sports Team
Team Name: Dutch All-year Beyond Excellent Sports Team (Da Best)
Team Owner: Dutchfire
Team Logo:
Team Colors: Red & White
Attack: 15
Defense/Goaltending: 20
Midfield: 8
----------------------

Falcon's Haven Golden Defenders
Team Name: The Golden Defenders
Team Owner: grant2004
Team Logo:
Team Colors: Red & Gold
Attack: 10
Defense/Goaltending: 10
Midfield: 25
----------------------

Abstain RadioActive Monkeys
Team Name: The RadioActive Monkeys
Team City: Abstain
Team Owner: GerogeOP
Team Logo:
Team Colors: Plaid, Glow-in-the-Dark
Team Information: Our glorious field isn't built yet. We're still waiting for Abstain to be founded. Then we will ask the government for free funds to pay for the site. It should only cost every cent the city makes for the next 100 years plus the lives of 10,000 slaves. I could pay it myself, but then I'd have to go two whole weeks without buying new shoes. You can't have your team coach wear foot wear that he had on yesterday. I also plan to auction off the name for the field and keep the money to add onto one of my mansions.
Defense/Goaltending: 10
Midfield: 24

Team Colours: All white (couldn't decide so went for all of them)
Other Info: Team Songs: Glory Glory Indecive
We're forever making bloopers
You will never walk alone by A. Stalker
Attack 11
Defence 11
Midfield 18

how does this game work?

The Dutch All-year Beyond Excellent Sports Team (also known as Da Best) from NoneOfTheAbove would like to sign up for this event.

Logo (50 x 50)

We play in Red and White.

Attack: 15
Defence: 20
Midfield: 5

Team Colours: All white (couldn't decide so went for all of them)
Other Info: None

Attack
Defence
Midfield

how does this game work?
You didn't distribute points among attack defence and midfield yet.

But I plan to work it out like this:
Spoiler :

Let's say the two teams playing each other have these stats:
Team 1-
Attack - 10
Defense - 10
Midfield - 20

Team 2-
Attack -12
Defense - 15
Midfield - 13

First the amount of possession is determined by the midfield stats and are converted into fractions, with the denominator being the total amount of midfield skill points being used in the game (20+13=33) and the numerators being the midfield skill point value of each team. So the fractions are 20/33 and 13/33. These fractions are used in random number generators after every shot to determine who gets possession of the carabba and also at the start of the game. So at the start of the game, I will have a random number generator generate 1 number between 1 and 33. If the number generated is 1-20 then Team 1 has possession. If the number generated is 21-33 then Team 2 has possession.

I will then calculate the shot based on the stats of each team and a random number generator. For instance, the first shot will be made by Team 1, because the number generated earlier (above paragraph) was 5. Their attack is 10 and Team 2 defense is 15. I will have the random number generator generate 1 number between 1 and 25. (25 because 10+15=25.) If the number is 1-10, then Team 1 scores. If it is 11-25 then Team 1 doesn't score and Team 2 has successfully defended the first shot. Possession is now calculated again like we did earlier at the start of the game, and then another shot is taken, calculated the same way as we just did. The game ends when a total of 10 shots have been taken.

sorry i just wanted to know what rules were

When will the first match be?

I think I'll start a team as well

Team Name: The Golden Defenders
Logo:
Colors: Red and Gold
Other Info: None as of yet

Attack: 8
Defense: 7
Midfield: 25

Well 4 should be enough to get a mini-league going. Hopefully more will join as the league progresses. We should be starting sometime this week (real life lacrosse practice has to come first ;) )

Hmm, sounds interesting.

There might be a flaw in the algorithm (sorry, I mean rules :) ). The nature of the flaw and how to exploit it are left as an exercize to the students. :mischief:

I have finished my auditions. After searching far and wide, I brought the best 200 men to my training grounds. Two years of hard training later, I have narrowed down the list to only 10. We have bar-b-qued the 190 losers, dipped them in a nice hot sauce, and feasted on them for days. We are now ready to take on what's left. We are also very full and do not feel like desert, thank you.

Team Name: The RadioActive Monkeys
Team City: Abstain
Team Logo:

Team Colors: Plaid, Glow-in-the-Dark
Other Information: Our glorious field isn't built yet. We're still waiting for Abstain to be founded. Then we will ask the government for free funds to pay for the site. It should only cost every cent the city makes for the next 100 years plus the lives of 10,000 slaves. I could pay it myself, but then I'd have to go two whole weeks without buying new shoes. You can't have your team coach wear foot wear that he had on yesterday. I also plan to auction off the name for the field and keep the money to add onto one of my mansions.

Having the best of the best of the best, my team is very evenly talented at everything. We play better, we play harder, we win by more points, and we whine better when we lose.

Defence: 10
Midfield: 20

So when will matches start, we have got five teams will we play home and away?

Hey Ice,
if you're going to do it now, could you enter the #turnchat channel in the chat?

The league has officially started and we will be facing odd today with FHBS at UTD at 12:30 EDT and Da Best at Golden D. at 12:45 ETD. The scheduled has been worked out so every team plays each team twice, once at their home stadium and once at the opposing teams' stadium. These games will not be broad casted live, however play by play will be posted for both games at their finish. Good luck to all.

Any new teams who wish to register must register their information, and the current team owners will vote on when the new team shall enter, and make necessary changes to the schedule.

12:45 ETD, when is that in GMT? (Your last post is 15.59 GMT)

Top Bottom