Yes! A Demo

Anyway, this game is far easier for people who just started playing CIV games only like two years.

IT IS AWESOME!

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.jpg
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 303
I'm glad they finally released the demo. Now I know the game I ordered will actually work on my computer. :p

Stoo.W said:
whats the point of spending £30-£40 on a game when you know its not gonna work on your pc. we're all huge fans of the series, which is why im downloading the demo now (even though its never gonna work). i'll probably even end up buying the game so i can read that huuuuggee manual. By the time ive finished that i should be able to upgrade my pc, but until then its civ3 all the way! still - even if it plays soooooooo sloooowwww, you know all of us who have pc's that aren't quite up to scratch are gonna play this demo to death.

You know it won't work on your pc??:shakehead :shakehead Unless you have a really old computer, then that's a very stupid statement. Civ IV works for a lot of people, myself included. Don't take any decisions about buying the game based only on the negative posts, read the tons of others that run the game just fine.

the demo works but - it doesnt show the textures for the sea and the grassland!?! what the hell is going on. everything else is fine.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 246
fifafan247 said:
BTW I already have the game but it's a christmas present for me so I wont open it till christmas.

seriously? and there's noone with a shotgun watching over the package?

you get a prize for something, just not sure if it's self-control or pure masochism :)

Christmas spirit! I want to have something to open on Christmas. Isn't the spirit of christmas opening boxes?

Demo is as f**** up as the game.

Downloaded the demo and ran in to exactly the same problems that other people have who actually paid money for it.
1) Missing DLL files.
2) XML problems
3) Old drivers ie before Oct 2005

and the demo STILL wont work.
I'm definitely not touching this amatuerish game until it's polished and available on the Mac.

hmm strange i downloaded the demo and it works flawlessly

only 100 turns tho so its really not stressing anything

P.S. I love it - but it takes some getting used to after playing Civ3 for so long

Top Bottom