Yet another first time SDk compiler with errors

Pickly

Prince
As suggested in other places, I'm attempting to first compilse a standard Beyond the Sword DLL before experimenting with changes, and the DLL isn't compiling at all.

The error log using the Build menu within Visual Studios 2005 is below:

Spoiler :
Code:
------ Build started: Project: CvGameCoreDLL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Performing Makefile project actions
Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.42
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
NMAKE : fatal error U1073: don't know how to make 'CvArea.cpp'
Stop.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing Makefile project actions"
Build log was saved at "file://d:\Dillon's Documents\Fall From Heaven Mods\DLL Working File\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
CvGameCoreDLL - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Am attempt using a command line produces the result shown in the attached image.

The top of the makefile that I'm using is below. (I think it was supposed to link to folders rather than programs, and that's where it seems to go, though I may have understood this wrong.)

Spoiler :
Code:
### Variables used in this Makefile
#TOOLKIT="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003"
#PSDK="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK"
TOOLKIT="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003"
PSDK="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK"
#uncomment, if you want new dlls copied to your mod's Assets folder automatically
#YOURMOD=C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\RevolutionDCM

Attachments

• DLL Error.zip
    169.6 KB · Views: 41
Is the MS SDK really in that folder, and not some subfolder? My path is PSDK=C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A

I assume you have properly configured at least Final Release solution in VC?

Is the MS SDK really in that folder, and not some subfolder? My path is PSDK=C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A

I assume you have properly configured at least Final Release solution in VC?

While file would I check to see where the SDK is? (I was using a downloaded SDK in the makefile above, which has a bin folder with a bunch of applications in it, while your path has a NETFX 4.0 tools folder, with a bin folder, than an application. Unfortunately the Refar instruction don't seem to say anything here.) Attempting to use your pathways produced the same result, so the required file does seem to be somewhere else.

The Final Release configuration seems to be fine when I checked it again today.

I have both folders, and PSDK should be definitely using the second one i.e. C:/Program Files/Microsoft SDKs/Windows/v6.0A

That's from Refar's guide as well. Make sure you follow the steps from here: http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/How_to_Install_the_SDK and have that folder on your hdd, and also make sure you download glider1's updated Makefile from that wiki page (it points to the path I given), as the old makefile from Refar's guide is outdated.

I went back, downloaded from the page you linked to, it turns out to be the same files and instructions I was using before. Strangely, the Platform SDK installs in a separate folder in C:/Program files rather than adding anything to the folder you mentioned.

I made some punctuation changes in the makefile (reversed slashes, got rid of quotes.). Using the "Build --> Build solution" menu results in the same issue, but using the command window actually seems to compile the program most of the way. (At the least, the program was busy for several minutes, and the command window spits out a big block of text plus the file names for the various parts of the code), but at the end I got another type of error message.

Spoiler :

LINK: warning LNK4089: all references to 'KERNEL32.dll' discarded by /OPT:ref
The system cannot find the path specified
0 files copied

I do get some new files in the working folder I'm using, but no DLL.

(I will check through the setup I have in Visual Studios, but any ideas on the second type of error?)

The above is not an error but a normal warning, which actually means you got it to work. The path to compiled DLL should be CvGameCoreDLL/Final_Release/CvGameCoreDLL.dll Please double check if it's in that patch cause everything appears to be fine.

There is a completed DLL as you describe, and it seems to be working fine (The game loads, I can do normal actions, interface and buttons look right, etc.). I also tried this with a couple of Fall from Heaven based DLL's that I'll actually be working on, and they seem to work fine as well.

Thanks for the help (Even though it turned out to be something kind of dumb.)

Top Bottom