Yet another Orbis PBEM

One more thing, Oneturnmike.
Apply Elemental Quickfix NOW - after installing the patch. Quickfix will overwrite some files from the patch, so it must be applied last

done and done..easy once youve done it ;)

and even had a chance to play around in Orbis tonight..wow....just wow. This is the game for me. much much better than FFH

I thought FFH was the end all be all, until now

Jarrema,

If it's OK, I'd like to play Perpentach. I'll send my email and password, when I know I'm in. I'm at GMT -5

Vote: Challenge - Slower XP Off
Vote: Wildlands: Don't care
Vote: No Tech Trading: Off
Vote: No Tech Brokering: Off
Vote: All Unique Features: Off -- I think they should be rare.
Vote: Aggressive AI: Don't care.
Vote: Starting plot rules: (1) full flavor
Vote: Difficulty Level - Emperor

McWill, You are in :)

Hi All,

Thanks for reserving me a slot, Jarrema.

-----

My choice is Kandros Fir of the Khazad

-----

Votes:
Vote: Challenge - Slower XP (halves the experiences units gets though combat): [On/Off] [On: 0] [Off: 1]

Vote: Wildlands (Doubles the amount of animals that will spawn):
[On/Off] [On: 0] [Off: 1] - [default is On]

Vote: No Tech Trading:
[On/Off] [On: 0] [Off: 1] - [default is Off]

Vote: No Tech Brokering:
[On/Off] [On: 1] [Off: 0] - [default is On]

Vote: All Unique Features:
[On/Off] [On: 1] [Off: 0] - [default is On]

Vote: Aggressive AI:
[On/Off] [On: 0] [Off: 1] - [default is On]

Vote: Starting plot rules:
[Full: 1] [Limited: 0] [Minimal: 0] [default is limited]

Vote: Difficulty Level - special.
[Monarch: 0] [Monarch with challenges: 1] [Emperor: 0]

-----

My timezone is GMT+1.

I would suggest at least 1.5 times the normal number of civilizations. Since we can't create settlers, it would really be a drag if there are no cities around to conquer.

Jarrema,

If it's OK, I'd like to play Perpentach. I'll send my email and password, when I know I'm in. I'm at GMT -5

Vote: Challenge - Slower XP Off
Vote: Wildlands: Don't care
Vote: No Tech Trading: Off
Vote: No Tech Brokering: Off
Vote: All Unique Features: Off -- I think they should be rare.
Vote: Aggressive AI: Don't care.
Vote: Starting plot rules: (1) full flavor
Vote: Difficulty Level - Emperor

ack....Perpentach. :eek::lol:

Im putting a bounty out on Loki now. ;)

Spuma...
Hard to tell no, but I will do that.
I'm already affraid that there is too many of us (there is one player above what I wanted).
Maybe You will create an Orbis PBEM Yourself? I will happilly participate, and I think that others also - it is IMHO better to have a lot of games with small number of people, than small number of games with a lot of people.

McWill: Not necessarilly. We are playing "barbarian worls" - there would be barbarian cities between civs. I'm afreaid that if I put too many civs, there won;t be any barbarian cities (maybe only at small islands and other isolated places). And, even if there would be a little less number of cities than normal - it would make the game even more unique
So I plan to play with somewhat larger number of civs than defined, but not as much as You suggest.

Everybody:
You have picked all three civs that I wanted to play :cry:
Please give me a few hours for making my mind and choosing something else (I'm thinking of Alexis or Mahala, or maybe I will go really evil and play Os-Gabella...)

Last important thing

I forgot about it... but I remember now thanks to McWill. Everybody should send me his password, just in case (so, for example, I can turn his Civ to AI if he resigns from a game)

thank You in advance :)

Feck it, dropping it.

Sorry but I do not understand You :( My english is too poor.
Has it something to do with Your votes? I still do not know how You vote.

Btw, I was joking with "R U reliable gamer" queston :lol:

I take Tya Kiri of the Amurites and my vote goes for the default settings.

Spuma...

McWill: Not necessarilly. We are playing "barbarian worls" - there would be barbarian cities between civs. I'm afreaid that if I put too many civs, there won;t be any barbarian cities (maybe only at small islands and other isolated places). And, even if there would be a little less number of cities than normal - it would make the game even more unique
So I plan to play with somewhat larger number of civs than defined, but not as much as You suggest.

I hope you are right. I knew about the barbarian world being on. I've been playing a test game with the default number of civilizations (and barbarian world) and I had one city until turn 250. Nothing very close at all. I think the other non-player civs can make settlers too. (I am behind all of them technologically.)

I hope you are right. I knew about the barbarian world being on. I've been playing a test game with the default number of civilizations (and barbarian world) and I had one city until turn 250. Nothing very close at all. I think the other non-player civs can make settlers too. (I am behind all of them technologically.)

But we will play "advanced start" - and I believe that almost everyone will have 3 cities at the begining (or 2 or 4)
Also AI tend to buy 2-3 cities under that circumstances (tested via world-builder). Some barbarian cities are also generated at start. So, the map is quite crowded

heads up...Im going out of town from 08/10 to 08/13. Ill be back in the evening of 08/13 and am leaving mid morning 08/10. I will not have game access. Im ok automating everything after the initial set up..the first few turns arent very 'attention' demanding.

So Im hoping we get the game kicked off before 7AM EST Tuesday morning

Im ok automating everything after the initial set up..the first few turns arent very 'attention' demanding.

I do not understand what do You mean by "automating"? Will someone play as Your substitute?

Ok, I just started the game. Hopes it would work...
I do not why, when I arranged Avanced Start for 500 points, game automatically changed it to 450... I suppose it makes no big difference

EDIT: I play as Alexis of Calabim

no when i refer as automating. Ill go in and set up all the actions (it cant be more than 3 turns...and in the beginning game if i pre-select 2-3 techs, and automate the workers and fortify the warriors, and 'set to explore any scouts' All anyone would have to do is click 'end turn'

does that make it clearer?

Top Bottom