Your first BNW game

Civ: Brazil
Map type: Huge TSL Earth Map
# of Civs: 43
# of CS: 41
Difficulty: Deity

After the flood of information over the last days, I think we finally know enough to have a rough idea about the gameplay. We also know 5 out of 9 new civilizations.

So: how will you play the first time you lay your hands upon BNW? Will you choose one of the new civilizations? What victory will you go for?

I, for once, will feel compelled to play Poland (being Polish). I am very excited about the new culture game and archeology, so I think I will go for the CV. Although I must admit I am tempted to also put all the civilizations in the game that historically invaded Poland (Germany, Russia, Austria, Sweden) and conquer them. I am also very eager to try out the World Congress and the new religious Reformation Beliefs, so I think I will also go religion-heavy and maybe try to get the "One World Religion" resolution passed whatever it does (it was mentioned in one of the interviews).

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread.

Probably either Portugal or Brazil for the new culture and diplomacy, although I may try my hand at warmongering for once with the Zulu.

I missed your thread and started my own:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=493323

So once again:
I, for once, will feel compelled to play Poland (being Polish). I am very excited about the new culture game and archeology, so I think I will go for the CV. Although I must admit I am tempted to also put all the civilizations in the game that historically invaded Poland (Germany, Russia, Austria, Sweden) and conquer them. I am also very eager to try out the World Congress and the new religious Reformation Beliefs, so I think I will also go religion-heavy and maybe try to get the "One World Religion" resolution passed whatever it does (it was mentioned in one of the interviews).

Currently I leaning towards my first game being as Portugal, although that can change depending on who the last four civs are.
Map would be continents, standard size(8civs) and Prince difficulty.

The waiting is too painfull! thanks for this thread.

I will play with Portugal, of course, and focus on Trade, Diplomacy and Culture - the 3 really well upgraded components that work very well (at least the trade and diplomacy) with portugal.

In the early game I will try to found a religion (by building Stonehenge in Lisbon) and go for a culture path, maby with the Oracle and the adoption of Tradition (if they give us a simmilar Tradition three). I will found my cities in coast (3-6 cities, so I can see Leiria :cool: ) and with connection to some strategic resources. I will visit the barbarians sometimes and try to expand my borders as far as I can. Some triremes will discover the coast of my continent and I will have as many land and sea trade rotes as I can.

When I enter the renaissance, there will be Caravels exploring the deep ocean, workers sent to city states in my continent to create feitorias and a large production of Naus. When I discover the other continents, I will start trading with the city states and building feitorias, upgrading my Naus... I will try to found the world congress and be in top of it during all the game.

In a late game I will start to explore the world with archaeologists and increase my tourism bulling. Maby in the end I will be able to win by culture with this Fifth Empire that is Portugal

I am very offended that youd id not find my thread where I discussed and asked others for their first gameplay once they get their hands on BNW :| Sir, this means war! *pushes a stick with a plastic soldier towards you*

I am very offended that youd id not find my thread where I discussed and asked others for their first gameplay once they get their hands on BNW :| Sir, this means war! *pushes a stick with a plastic soldier towards you*

Exactly what I was thinking. <Allies with The KOBO> :)

Exactly what I was thinking. <Allies with The KOBO> :)

<Moves army into position along the now undefended borders of KOBO and Kingchris>
Don't mind me, my troops are just passing by. :mischief:

<Moves army into position along the now undefended borders of KOBO and Kingchris>
Don't mind me, my troops are just passing by. :mischief:

Likely story:)

Good point. And maybe Mongolia. The horde plundered southern Poland in the times of Genghis. :)
Everyone have plundered Poland. ;)
They did save Europe though, more or less. Their Winged Hussars literally destroyed the Ottomans at the gates of Vienna, and saved Europe from Islam. It was the largest cavalry charge in human history.

Footnote; If you have seen the end battle in Lord of the Rings you know that more than one author was impressed with that battle... ;) Its an exact replica of the Winged Hussars charge at Vienna. Even down to the number of digitally created horses (20k Winged Hussars, 20k digital Rohan soldiers...) and the spearhead formation forming just before the clash, the elevated area, the location and distance relative to the city, the "last minute" charge just as Viennas walls was about to be breached, etc...

I will probably go for some random map as Poland since I am Polish. Perhaps try for a cultural win and see if policies are still as important with their UA Solidarity.

Also extremely interested in Brazil and Assyria... Portugal would be nice for the additional happiness from CS resources and Zulu would be fun to annoy my friends in multiplayer. Honestly I love all the new additions and can't wait to start 4-5 games in the same week ;)

Everyone have plundered Poland. ;)
They did save Europe though, more or less. Their Winged Hussars literally destroyed the Ottomans at the gates of Vienna, and saved Europe from Islam. It was the largest cavalry charge in human history.

Footnote; If you have seen the end battle in Lord of the Rings you know that more than one author was impressed with that battle... ;) Its an exact replica of the Winged Hussars charge at Vienna. Even down to the number of digitally created horses (20k Winged Hussars, 20k digital Rohan soldiers...) and the spearhead formation forming just before the clash, the elevated area, the location and distance relative to the city, the "last minute" charge just as Viennas walls was about to be breached, etc...

Interesting, I had no idea.

You are right about everybody invading Poland, though. I'm sure our country is so awesome everyone wants in, and that's why. ;)

But to be honest, if I weren't Polish my first game would probably be with Portugal or with the new France. I find the Faitoria the most interesting improvement in the game so far.

After the flood of information over the last days, I think we finally know enough to have a rough idea about the gameplay. We also know 5 out of 9 new civilizations.

So: how will you play the first time you lay your hands upon BNW? Will you choose one of the new civilizations? What victory will you go for?

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread.
I like your way to think :lol:

Top Bottom