Your last game of Civ 6 Vanilla?

Ornen

Warlord
How's everybody's last game of Civ 6 vanilla? I finished a golden game a week ago and didn't want to play another, especially since my game right before it was pretty messy. Kongo culture win, took out Vikings to start off, expanded relentlessly and then started racking up my theaters and GPs. It figures, of course, that in my last game I would get the perfect city for the Amundsen-Scott Research Station (ice + Kilimanjaro)

Pics included. So how was (or is) your last game of Civ 6 Vanilla?

I've started a game since the patch, 40ish minutes to R&F start downloading and considering continuing it, but I might read a book instead.

I've started a game since the patch, 40ish minutes to R&F start downloading and considering continuing it, but I might read a book instead.

Every word that looks like one in Civ will have you staring off into the distance
and losing your place!
Did you just say, "Heh"?

QED.

Cultural with Gorgo. I thought I was going to do some war with her but I had an isolated start, then my pacifist side took over and I got a few alliances.

010 - Gorgo's Greece - CT.jpg

I just finished a science victory as Australia less than an hour ago. Was worried the patch would mess up my save file, especially the mods I was using (luckily, most were cosmetic). My colors changed to Green/Black and everyone got culturally appropriate monuments, but that was about it.

I had a pretty good heartland. Huge swaths of farmland to the south of Canberra (plenty of farm triangles) with wheat interspersed. Right on a river so I had a Watermill. I put my Space District in the lone patch of trees still standing amongst my farmland. It's where all my projects launched.

To the northwest of Canberra I had a gigantic Outback Station stretched between horses, cows, and sheep. Managed to snag God of Pastures for a little bump to culture. Canberra was size 37 and growing by end game. Had some happiness problems mid game, but managed to alleviate those with some Entertainment districts and the Estadio.

Forward settled north of Japan early on with a settler I stole off him; completely cutoff from the rest of my empire. Won't be able to do that anymore due to the new Loyalty mechanic! I abused Japan several times that game, including stealing his Petra city (hey, Petra+Outback Stations are too much to resist).

Only the second time I've played Australia. Love the appeal-based yields on his districts. My first Campus was +5 science (eat your heart out, Korea).

Farewell Vanilla. Hello R&F!

Australia on real earth map. Started in southern India and had a nice empire stretching from Pakistan to Thailand, then going down toto Indones, Papua New Guinea and was just starting to colonize Australia on my last save.

Going to try & "finish" my Poland game, even though I have zero chance of winning.

Completed a Science victory with Germany at the weekend. My first ever time playing as them, shockingly! Then last night I rolled a few China maps to kill time but didn't think any were worth keeping anyway.

I have one unfinished game as England building commercial hubs and harbours in nearly every city on an island plates map. Completely peaceful, no conquering of any kind. Impossible to finish at this point because of real tech tree mod and moar units mod.

A failed religion game with Ghandi. The map generation put me and China on one continent and six other civs on another similarly sized continent separated by ocean, that also had both religious city-states on it, including Yerevan. Shortly after I had suzerain of Yerevan, Cyrus conquered it, so I sprang the rest of the game spamming him with Theocracy-fueled infantry and artillery. I had 5/7 remaining civs converted by the renaissance age, but couldn’t proselytize the other two before China’s space victory.

I started a game with Trajan a while ago, conquered my continent, but lost momentum. I wasn't quick enough to have an easy job taking the rest of the world, so my interest just dropped once R&F loomed. It will remain forever unfinished.

Emperor/Fractal/Standard game as Spain.
Failed to get a religion but Cairo fell into my hands early and did a world tour taking London, Xian, Nidaros, Sparta, Aachen, and Paris.

Just finished last vanilla game as Pedro- Science victory lovefest
Every time I go for space I think I will be bottle necked by production and every time it has been science:confused:. I did learn something new this game: how awesome the International Space Agency card is

2342342342343244234.jpg

Managed to cram wonders into this coastal capital with limited space.

If you're like me and are mid way through a vanilla game you can disable R&F in the Additional Content menu to continue playing, the only problem is the February vanilla patch installed yesterday so you might see a few oddities.

I started a game as America on a Small Continents map on King. I decided to go warmonger on my two neighbors: Ghandi and Gorgo. Took them out pretty easily. It's now turn 125 and I'm leading everything except religion (OK, I'm second in culture) but I doubt I'll be finishing now that I'm downloading R&F.

Deity Australia on Island Plates. Won a science victory. My second deity win, figured I'd go out with a bang. I normally play King or Emperor as Deity is just too much work. It's winnable, but I enjoy building wonders, having a religion sometimes, etc. etc.

I had a rather aimless game as Australia going before the expansion came out. I don't think I'll return to it, will get the Curtin win and wood for sheep achievements another game.

It was a 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 MP game with my brother. I played the Aztecs, he played Japan. The other teams turned out to be Catherine + Peter, Amanitore + Gitarja and Jadwiga + Frederick.
:goodjob: And, quite frankly, it was one of my favourite games of Civilization VI I had so far!

Started on a continent with Giant's Causeway literally 4 tiles away from my capital, and France a little ways further. Had a lot of fun juicing workers from France and conquering Paris in the ancient era with only Eagle Warriors and one Archer. All with Spear of Fionn, of course! Poor Peter had to deal being the only without a teammate for a long time (more on him later).
Meanwhile, my brother was busy peacefully expanding and setting up really strong Campuses. Next to him, on his continent, was Jadwiga - who had a tundra start and early trouble with barbarians, and thus never did much of anything all game long. So my brother had free reign to do as he pleased with his empire.

After a feud between me and Nubia in the Classical Era (which resulted only in one city to be ceded to the Aztec Empire - Ptati Archers and a geographically well-defended capital made sure I couldn't advance much further than that), I discovered a significantly sized continent off the coast close to my empire. Decided to colonize all of it, take advantage of the 4 extra luxuries that it would present to me.
Meanwhile, Gitarja was doing great, north of Japan - but she never settled a single coastal city the entire game... Despite the slight set back from her teammate (that, really, never expanded much after I beat them), Gitarja did really well, and was easily the best AI player in the game.

You've probably noticed that I have yet to talk about Frederick at all - well, he was waaaaayy north of Nubia, separated by a lot of city states (all of which I managed to Suzerain). I think the AI had some problems dealing with routing units around the city states, they never really got out of the little hole made by Granada and Kabul.

During the peaceful eras, I managed to expand my empire to tens of cities spanning the two continents, all of which were in a constant state of Ecstatic due to my unique abilities, Buenos Aires, and the Colosseum - OH YEAH I built the Colosseum. Just 'cause. Also Huey Teocalli. I didn't need more amenities, but man did I hoard it all!
My brother had, in the meanwhile, set up an incredibly efficient science output, which in turn meant that I could quickly tech up alongside him without needing to devote too much to building Campuses and the like.

As we entered the Information era, Frederick finally decided to do something and declared war on me. Without a single unit even remotely close to my empire...
Boneheaded move aside, I then took a good look at the world: Frederick, Amanitore, Peter and Jadwiga all had coastal capitals. And I had, by far, the strongest navy. Jadwiga and Peter were bordering Japan too, so it would be ease for my brother to help me conquer them.

And so, we set off to quickly finish with a domination victory - I annihilated Germany, while my brother did the same to Poland. Then, we set up a plan: we would attack Russia by two fronts - I'd take his capital to the east, and he would conquer neighbouring cities to the west. After his capital was taken, we would turn my ships around, and attack Nubia - literally two turns away from Russia by ship.
As for Gitarja, we set up a very special cloud for her - of the mushroom kind. She was the strongest AI by far, but if we prepared things right we could declare war, capture Nubia's capital and capture her capital in the same turn, and win the game.

The plan was put into plan, and while my nuke took a bit longer than expected to be set up (I ended up having to dillydally conquering random coastal Russian cities after I conquered his capital waiting for the nuke to finish), everything proceeded without a hitch!

This marks my first domination victory, and my first nuke, of Civ VI! And man, was it ever exciting to work together with my brother, set up battle plans, and get a mutual win by the end! Sorry, no screenshots as of now - maybe I'll update later with them.
But yeah! It as well worth it to delay Steam from updating the game so this match could reach an end, even if it meant I couldn't play R&F for a week after release.

Top Bottom