Your most epic battles

I am currently engaged in a battle with lajosalfar/basium.

I took a city on their main continent as they were wiping out os gabella to the north, I got a glimpse of their army.

I took another city on the coast, and when I saw their army, I slaughtered as many as I could, then had about 30 units abandon the city units via my navy, and holed up in the original city I took. Lost a couple good units. like a 250+ XP flurry I got with the crown of command.

Right now, I have about 60 units, and their stack has about 400, including over 150 champions. I have been killing about 50 units a turn, and it feels like it isn't even denting them, but the AI has balked, and is staying on the border. The city has a choke point, and I turned the entrance to desert to make a nice kill zone. If the AI would just take their 400 units and come straight for my city, they would take it, but they are being apprehensive right now. Either way, I have about 20 ships crewed with cargo in the sea, waiting for a final retreat if need be.

i have a pretty nice game going on, not so much a battle. I started as the amurites, on a peninsula on the far east of Pangea. I think, how nice, it fits. the guy at the exit of the peninsula is decius as the bannor. I did advanced start in the medieval era, so i started with 2 archers and 2 firebows for 2 cities. Since the firebows have 8 attack (i had iron), i sent them to deal with a barb city (which gets razed because its size one) and explore two dungeons. Just my luck, they both spawn specters which somehow manage to kill both my firebows. but before they can wreak havok on me, decius comes to my rescue. i then explore the dungeon next to my capital, and it gives me and adventurer. I saved up enough money (nerfing my research) to upgrade him to an adept and gave him the combat line to combat 5 + twincast. nothing else happens for a while, since my economy sucks and i only have two cities to build stuff with and one of them (my capital) is building wonders.

A while later ive met some more people and sheelba declares war on me. Because i started in the medieval era, sheelba had founded order and decius had founded Emperyan. i had emperyan in my cities but hadn't adopted, but both dwarves were nearby and had converted. after a few turns of nothing happening (still), i find that decius can form an alliace with me. I'm so small (still 2 cities) that im near the bottom score, so i do it. I have on aggressive AI so eventually everyone starts declaring war on someone. because everyone's at war, many teams have formed.It's become a kind of world war in that there are evidently two sides, with a few minor civs (including ashen veil Elohim) that either aren't at war with anyone, but are just both POed and liking you at the same time or constantly at war with on of the sides. Vassal states only perpetuate the problem, although most of them end up revoking it somehow. I still haven't done much, but i had govannon teach all the rank 1 spells he could learn to Groo the Wanderer, my Archmage/former-adventurer, and then had Groo learn rank 2 + 3 spells. I then sent him out on his own to war, and he's pwned everyone he's come across, with a few minor exceptions (*cough cough ***RELOAD** cough cough*). He even raped a few world units (including two of Sheelba's paladins (which i'm still trying to figure out...)

I should probably mention that both Basium (worshiping FoL) and Hyborem are on the same side of this war.

Well, my immense crusade against the Eleven/Mercurian alliance continues, and the battle I first wrote about is now at best the fourth most epic battle waged.

So, as I had writen earlier, my slow main army was closing in on Kandro's cities. Well, I laid siege to Khazad and then launched my assault. Defending Khazad were a few tier four units and 122 stonewardens. Thankfully, my army of around 110 melee units (not counting supporting confessors, priors, and cannons) got the upper hand and with relatively few casualties I took the city. As a bonus, that same turn Kandros broke with Thessa and Basium, and instead of being their vassal is now their enemy, making my continued assault on what remains of Khazad that much easier.

On the Eleven front an army of around 40 Demagogues supported by 8 Horse Archers, 6 Assassins, a dozen cannons, a Prior and a couple of Confessors took the smallest enemy frontier city after beating at least 20 Champions who were defending it. These forces secured the city, and over the next couple of turns turned back small counterattacks. Then the elves decided they wanted their city back, bad. A huge wave of enemies decended upon my demagogues. At first the defenses held, but the enemy numbers were simply too vast. At the end of the turn, My prior, two cannons, two horse archers, and three Demagouges were all that stood in the face of the enemy horde. Thankfully the Nexus allowed me to teleport in my most experiences defensive units, including the famous Crossbowmen who had distinguished themselves so well in the first battle. They formed a tight team with a pair of highly promoted Arquebusiers from another part of the front. The Arquebusiers would rake the incoming enemies with defensive fire, sometimes wipping out half the enemy's health before the crossbowmen took them out.
With the re-enforcements, the defenses held. By the end of the next turn my level 12 crossbowman was now a level 17 crossbowman. The next turn the assault continued, and now the unit was level 19, including the bounty hunter promotion.

Well, it seems the Mercurians decided to come to the direct aid of their elven allies in taking that city back. Over the next turn my bounty hunter crossbowmen collected 330 gold from the attacking Mercurian angels - at 2 gold per dead Angel, you can see the scale of the attack. I don't even know what level the crossbowmen is right now, the number is hidden by all the promotions.

Well, I might as well write about finally winning this game, even if noone else reads it...

After finally crushing Khazad, I aimed my main army at Basium, to get rid of his angels. After several small battles, I stormed the Mercurian Gate and wipped out a horde of enemies there. I then started to eat away at the remaining Elven cities. Outside of their city of Bruti I had a multi-turn slaugtherfest in which my 130 plus Demagogues plus Sphener and some tier four units had to fight for several turn to take the city, specially cause the eleves kept using entwine (or whatever that nature spell that holds your units is called). Another large army of Arquebusiers and champions faced a similar problem at the gates of Evermore. In the end, I won both battles with some loses. At that point I won.

On the final accounting, I added things up, and during the game I lost about 500 units, 60% of that being Demagogues and Cannons. I killed or Captured around 3400 units, with 457 Angels, 475 Champions, and 471 Tigers being the most numerous foes killed.

And I also gained my most experienced unit ever (and I seriously doubt I will ever see something like this again). That Crossbowman ended the game with 1009 Experience.

Top Bottom