Leader Name:: Libertina
Leader Title:: Praetor
Traits:: Scientific, Militaristic
Aggression:: 4
Default Colour:: Black
Alternate Colour:: Crimson
Capital: Midian
UU:: Black Knights
UU description:: 5.3.2, replaces knight, Cost 110. Steeped in the dark arts, these knights ride into battle with white hot blades and poisoned burning arrows on fearless steeds that feed primarily on putrifying human flesh. Those who survive this terrifying onslaught thank the gods for their lives and swear to fight along side their ENSLAVErs as crusaders.
Favourite Government:: Republic
Shunned Government:: Democracy
Build Priorities:: 1. Off. land, 2. science, 3. trade.
Build Never:: Artillery (why build when you can capture?)

Hippiestan sounds good to me :)
If you cut the religious trait, i may want to live in Hippiestan.

Well, I didn't say which religion, did I? Freedom of religion does freedom from religion, IMHO. :)

Civ: Republic of ID
Ruler: Supreme ID (Ixqnup Dogmim)
Traits: Industrious, Religious
Aggression level: 2
Favorite Government: Republic or Democracy
Shunned Government: Communism
Capitol: Sercerville
UU: IDiotic Guard (2/5/2) replaces muskets and costs 10 shields less (50 shields???)
Build Often: Settlers, workers, culture, science, wonders of the world, defensive land units
Build (almost) Never: artillery, offensive land units
Civ color: Blue

(as you can tell, I'm a builder :D)

pangaeans
leader: mikhail

i actually made that name up from alpha centauria
but in all honesty im always the russians. suits me well since i like communism

Well, I didn't say which religion, did I? Freedom of religion does freedom from religion, IMHO. :)

I don't like religion mixed in politics. I think euthanesia is a human right, shops should have the choise to be opened any sunday they like and online poker should be legal. :)
Of course, if they don't want to use their religion to intervene in my life, everyone can pray to whatever gods they want, but i think it's not really a civ trait then.

but, if you have a leader who actually is religious, then his/her decisions on how to run the country will really effect how he/she makes decisions

yes, with the second line, "Of course, if they don't want to use their religion to intervene in my life, everyone can pray to whatever gods they want.", i don't mean our leaders in politics, i mean the rest of the powerless sheep in society. I want leaders who are not religious.

I don't like religion mixed in politics. I think euthanesia is a human right, shops should have the choise to be opened any sunday they like and online poker should be legal. :)
Of course, if they don't want to use their religion to intervene in my life, everyone can pray to whatever gods they want, but i think it's not really a civ trait then.

I agree on all counts, actually.

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a topic about religoun....

I forgot to name my great leaders (generals)!
Military Leaders:
Maximus
Optimus
Gallahad
Ullysus
Jayce

Scientific:
Augustine
Galileo
Socratese
Leonardo

What's your leader's names?

Civ: Red Sox Nation
Capitol: Boston
Traits: Religious, Commercial.
Leader: Theo Epstein.
UU: The Wall - a 1.4.1 spear replacement with 1 fewer HP - the wall giveth, and the wall taketh away.
Great leaders: Ted Williams
Carl Yastrzemski
Jim Rice
Dwight Evans
Wade Boggs
Roger Clemens
Curt Schilling

A regular sword attacking a regular (2 hp) Wall would win 38% of the time. Attacking a regular spear, it is 46%. Attacking a regular hoplite, it is 29%. So, a regular hoplite is much better than a regular wall, assuming that the defender is in a walled city on a grassland.

The same shows when the defender is veteran. Against a Wall (3 hp) the sword will win 19% of the time. The spearman, it is 31%. The hoplite, it is 15%.

Now, if they are elite, then the Wall is as good as a hoplite. Against a 4 HP wall, a regular sword will win 8.6% of the time, 20% against an elite spear, and 8.2% against a hoplite. So, unfortuantely, your wall is largely ineffective. Not to mention much more susceptible to bombings.

A regular sword attacking a regular (2 hp) Wall would win 38% of the time. Attacking a regular spear, it is 46%. Attacking a regular hoplite, it is 29%. So, a regular hoplite is much better than a regular wall, assuming that the defender is in a walled city on a grassland.

The same shows when the defender is veteran. Against a Wall (3 hp) the sword will win 19% of the time. The spearman, it is 31%. The hoplite, it is 15%.

Now, if they are elite, then the Wall is as good as a hoplite. Against a 4 HP wall, a regular sword will win 8.6% of the time, 20% against an elite spear, and 8.2% against a hoplite. So, unfortuantely, your wall is largely ineffective. Not to mention much more susceptible to bombings.

:confused: I think you might have the wrong thread.

Civ: The Vols
Capital: Knoxville, TN
Traits: Religious (football is our religion), Agricultural
Leader: Philip Fulmer
UU: Quarterback, replaces archers, 30 shields, 2/2/2 with a bombard range of 2, strength 6, rate of fire 2
Miscellaneous: requires the addition of several barbarian tribes, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, to name a few
Civ Colors: Orange & White

The Volunteers are a formidable race and will dominate the globe, however when they face their biggest enemy the Gators they will inevitably choke thus missing out on the opportunity for a domination victory.

As I was reading this post, I was already formulating a Gator comment, but you seem to have already filled in what I was going to say. Although I would add a special GW in Atlanta for the championship game (THE SEC FORUM, maybe, adding to happiness (or frustration))? And maybe add a second UU, Smokey, the slowest explorer available (due to the short legs). :lol:

Don't worry, you guys will have a HELL of a chance this year, with a LOT of our guys gone on to the NFL. And I LOVE our rivalry. :woohoo: The Dawgs, are of course, our biggest HISTORIC rivals, but you guys are pretty much the only ones to actually beat us when we needed to win in the last several years (the Dawgs have really gone down hill...) :p ;)

Good luck this year!!

Civ: Red Sox Nation
Capitol: Boston
Traits: Religious, Commercial.
Leader: Theo Epstein.
UU: The Wall - a 1.4.1 spear replacement with 1 fewer HP - the wall giveth, and the wall taketh away.
Great leaders: Ted Williams
Carl Yastrzemski
Jim Rice
Dwight Evans
Wade Boggs
Roger Clemens
Curt Schilling

I would also add another UU to this team, er, civ--The BIG PAPI!! Perhaps a replacement for the longbowman, with 6(6).1.1 stats, with a range of 3 instead of one, as he has an extremely long reach, especially in clutch situations (perhaps only a 10% chance of missing if the game is on the line!! :lol:

nolany
capitol:betratil
industrious/millataristic
starting tech:bronze working and warrior code
uu:axe thrower replaces archer
leader:lerno lekkot
main color:gray
loved gov:democrasy
hated gov:republic

Well, to do another sports one:

Name: The Reds
Capital: Cincinnati
Traits: Commercial, Militaristic
Leader: Robert Castellini
UU: Pete Rose- I do not know what he would do or what he would replace, but he would cause massive war weariness for just building him with the reason "Put Pete in the Hall of Fame! 100%!"
OR
The Big Red Machine- replaces Modern Armor- stats 32/20/4. Yes, it is that powerful.
Leaders: Jerry Narron
Marge Schott
Wayne Krivsky

@ Bartleby: ROFL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good ideas all, I never can come up with anything for my own senarios.:(

The Ninja :ninja:

Top Bottom