• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Youve gotta love this games attempt at discretion

bds

Warlord
Youve gotta love this games attempt at discretion when it says stuff like...

A unknown civilisation has founded judaism
And then straight aftwards
Ghandi adopts organised religion

:lol:

Meh, we all make little mistakes like that at some point...;)

Youve gotta love this games attempt at discretion when it says stuff like...

A unknown civilisation has founded judaism
Ghandi adopts organised religion

:lol:

or

The Pyramids have been built in a far off land
Shaka adopts Police State

(to be shortly followed by a war trumpet somewhere)...........

I don't see the problem. If you haven't seen the city where the religion lands or where the wonder is built, how would you know where it's happened? However, you've got contact with Gandhi or Shaka, so you know when they've switched a civic (or a religion).

What is a problem is that if Gandhi founds Judaism and you've never seen the holy city, you still get to see that he controls it with the little holy-city-religion icon on the scoreboard.

:dunno:

Another thing is even though you have never even met the civ, you know that the religion has been founded "in a far off land". Same with Wonders.

I doubt the Native Americans got a postcard that let them know that Notre Dame had already been built in a far away land. Or that Buddhism had been founded. :p

Well there's obviously a reason that there aren't Pyramids or Colossi scattered across the American landscape and that seems the most plausible one.:p

in a game this morning, i'd swapped maps with roosevelt, who lived on the other continent. so i knew that the civilizations i hadn't met yet were rome and korea. after that, but before i met them, i got messages that Wang Kon got great person so-and-so, and that Augustus got great person such-and-such. up until i got those messages, i didn't know whether the role of roman leader was being played by gus or julius. i thought that was a bit :smoke:.

up until i got those messages, i didn't know whether the role of roman leader was being played by gus or julius. i thought that was a bit :smoke:.

Never thought of (or noticed) that one. I like it. :D

Top Bottom