1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Zenith Mecha (2nd Jan 2005)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by muffins, Jan 1, 2005.

1. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

Thanks! :goodjob:

@Joeskip - I make whatever takes my fancy :)

2. SRC_Maximus1

SRC_Maximus1 Chieftain

I've just installed your Zenith Mecha into my Mod, and it's definitely the best Mecha unit i've seen since there. Awesome unit Muffins :thumbsup:
    As i may say in french "Chapeau bas, l'Artiste !"
    For those who don't understand French a good translation is : :worship: :thanx:

3. Sic_Berserker

Sic_Berserker futuro dictador

:eek: :D
    this one is .very. nice... :D

its a :goodjob: :goodjob:

4. oilfan

oilfan Bleeds Copper and Blue

I Don't use sci fi units often, but this one is a must. Looks great!!

5. Duke Togo

Duke Togo Golgo 13

So, are we going to see any other wanzers besides the Zenith?

6. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

Not sure. Probably unlikely actually even though the wanzers are uber-cool (I've got an unbelievable ammount of WH40K stuff in the pipeline). I owe Sword of Geddon a mech but there is no telling when that project might get underway.

7. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

Excellent mech!!! (BTW is the Galbadian Elite Hardsuit trooper that I requested still in the works?)

8. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

I should still have the model on a floppy somewhere :) but it's on the back-burner after I twice lost all my animations after the PC I was working on broke down :( It will eventually get done

9. DJ Bonebraker

DJ Bonebraker a.k.a Laura

No big hurry, It will most likely be at least another six months before this this mod is finished. In the meantime, I'll be releasing a Beta version in March, when I've got all the Civs, techs and at least placeholder graphics done for all the units and such (I'm actually pleased with how quickly everything's going right now). I'll probably be working on the Galbadian Hovertank after I get the Mithra Ninja, Gatling gun, Wutai Ninja, Cardian, Highwind Airship and a pretty much total re-make of my original Airship (it's going to be an almost completely different model, so I won't be posting it in the original thread). As you can see, I've also got a lot of units on the go (I've got the models either almost or completely done for most of those units), not to mention some as of yet unrevealed wonder projects.

10. Pantsofpower

Pantsofpower SPAM I am

Looks like those Arabs are in trouble...

11. Lonkut

Lonkut ..--""--..

Can you plz make a bombard animation. I want the Zenith to be able to have a bombard animation so I can use it as an artillery. Can you make the Zenith to like throw a grenate or something like that? Plz.

12. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

No :)

Sorry, but I have a MOUNTIAN of work to do as it is and I just can't squeeze anything else in at the moment. :p

13. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Finally...someone was brutally honest for a change....to many guys around here say politically correct stuff like "Maybe later once my plate isn't full, I'll think about it".... great to see a NO for a change...very refreshing..

14. Goldflash

Goldflash Grumpy Old Man

Well.. Loknut, you could always Cut And Paste one your own darn self.

15. Lonkut

Lonkut ..--""--..

Whats with the negative replies? And besides is not like I asked you, Goldflash or Geddon, to edit your unit, so why don't you guys be quiet, thank you.

16. Hauptmann

Hauptmann Chieftain

Wow! This is COOL!!! You're so good that mayby you could do the Evas from Neon Genesis Evangelion to me?...

17. FashaTheDog

FashaTheDog Chieftain

After reading this thread, a mecha mod would be really cool with different civs having different mecha (Gundam civ, Eva civ, so forth) or perhaps just throwing all the mecha in a giant bag and assigning mecha to different civs by preference. Has anything like this been done before (a link to such work would be cool)? As I'm still learning how to add stuff to the game (with lots of trouble), I'm practically useless, though I'll try my hand at making one. With all the mecha units already made, something can be whipped up with the current tech, improvements, wonders, resources, and what-not left alone. It won't be pretty, it would actually kinda suck, but it would be a start and a nice unit collection for mecha fans out there.

18. muffins

muffins Lemon scented

Sorry to bump this :D but I thought I'd share some info regarding the 3d model that I made to create this unit. I stuck the model on TurboSquid and someone then put it into the game 'Operation Flashpoint'.

There's a YouTube video about it right here

19. Wyrmshadow

Wyrmshadow Deity

congrats dude, that was cool.

20. la_dav

la_dav King

Looks great!!~ I am best like your units! :goodjob: