1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

.zip file

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by gostanford22, Apr 13, 2007.

1. gostanford22

gostanford22 Prince

How do you put a a created world (kinda a senerio too) into a .zip file and upload it to the forum.

2. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

You need to get a program called WinZip. It's completely free and user friendly. Just google it. Once installed, right click in the folder you wish to have the zip file created, highlight new, click winzip file. Then just drag and drop the files on the new icon.

To upload it here, click upload on the top of the screen, browse for the file, then click the upload button.

3. SWalker

SWalker Warlord

IIRC
    Windows handles zip files itself.

to zip files/folders:

1. Select the files/directory in windows explorer.
    2. Right Click on them
    3. Select 'Send to > Compressed (Zipped) folder

you should also be able to open zip files with windows

4. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Wrong forum... ;) Notice the big red text and the thread right above this one entitled "Please do not post questions in this forum!"...

5. flamescreen

flamescreen Ancient Mariner

I don't think windows version prior to Xp have an integrated archiver, but I could be wrong.
    Also winzip is not really free, it's tryware and you eventually have to register and pay for it(though it used to be cheap) otherwise deal with the nag screen(and potentially violating the law if they'll know you're using it). Also it didn't use to open all file extentions(like WinRar one of its main rivals).

For zip only, I think Freezip would be valuable and I think this one is completely free though I haven't tested it yet. I have Pentazip registered but that's probably commercial. If it's free though, I like its repair utility and suggest it wholeheartedly.

6. polyphemus

polyphemus join the long blue line

That's odd, I have had WinZip since I got my comp, about 7 years ago and I never had to pay for it...

7. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

Me too...