Spqr

Congratulations on releasing your mod , The Guardian. I hope to try one of these days when I will put criminals behind bars but apparently they keep getting out :p . No seriously, I will try one of these days "Dragon"

I reinstalled the game and the DL again with a script file.

And still the same error

wtf?!?!

I reinstalled the game and the DL again with a script file.

And still the same error

wtf?!?!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Ah, I see. Your setup is incorrect.
First delete original SPQR Folder
You must create a folder in the "Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios" Folder named SPQR
should read Conquests/Scenarios/SPQR
Insert the Art and TEXT folder into the Folder labeled SPQR
COPY the BIQ file into the folder named Conquests/Scenarios

There's some confusion in the first post downloads.
The main files, including the Biq file can be downloaded here.
this downloads a newer version of the biq than in the attachment. It also includes the new units from the separate download. There are some gifs & compressed files inside various folders as well.

Perhaps overwriting newer files is part of the problem some are having? Maybe cleaning up the OP would help those who don't double check those kind of things.

The New Unit.rar have 1 strange unit.
Macedonian Peltast
The old (first) versions looks very much like such a peltast, with a throwing spear motion.
However the new Peltast doesn´t have any spearthrowing and surely looks more like any kind of regular spearman with a swordslashing to boot.

A mistake in copying or by me.
Please enlight before the old Peltast is replaced.

I have to bring this up again, since the latest pack include both Macedonian Peltasts.
However the more likely is not in the game at all. As mentioned I can see these peltast troops as light hit-and-run troops and that "newer" macedonian Peltast isn´t even throwing his spear. Can you please enlight me about your idea ??

Than also some of the peltast in game are both offensive and defensive "ticked".
Shouldn´t skirmishers/javelin/peltast be some kind of harrasing troops to attack and disorder the enemy ?? Almost like some "heavy" slingers perhaps.

Yeah the units are generally a mystery. It seems like the best way to do it is make whatever has the highest attack.

This is what map looks like after turn 200. Void of civilization in Libya and southern Anatolia.

Judea
has access to muslim stuff
starts with a Berber warrior
temple of Solomon pedia does not mention temple in each city
higher tier javeliner loses bombard ability

Pontus
has a choice between Pontus worker and middle eastern worker
Pontus settler does not consume any population

Ah, I see. Your setup is incorrect.
First delete original SPQR Folder
You must create a folder in the "Civilization III/Conquests/Scenarios" Folder named SPQR
should read Conquests/Scenarios/SPQR
Insert the Art and TEXT folder into the Folder labeled SPQR
COPY the BIQ file into the folder named Conquests/Scenarios

it works :D thanks for your help

The leader unit appears to be an auxillary warrior. This is what happened when I got a leader while attacking a city.

The leader unit appears to be an auxillary warrior. This is what happened when I got a leader while attacking a city.

Incorrect. This is simply a battle created unit. Open the editor and you will see that the unit carries no Leader flag nor is it capable of loading/transporting any units.

Well now I have a combat unit stuck inside an otherwise enemy controlled city

Well now I have a combat unit stuck inside an otherwise enemy controlled city

How is that an enemy controlled city? Is it because the city is surrounded by enemy units? It appears that you have 4 vessels in your invasion force. How many units were your vessels carrying? How many units did the enemy have occupying the city you were attacking? I also notice that Syracuse is a Republic.

The city appeared to have 3 units in it. I killed the 3rd when the leader came. Maybe there's more under my auxiliary unit but I don't know. The city is enemy controlled because even though my unit is standing in it I can't zoom in on it and its boundaries are still the other color.

Well I suppose we can just hope to not get any leaders. Will there be an update on the files?

It doesn't look like any of the files were modified.

Alexanders army wonder spawns Nile triremes

Hello

Just started testing this scenario, playing with Rome. I was trying to build settlers, but can't understand why I can't build any? Civipedia says I need "Roman Knowledge" which gives the resource shields, but I can't find the tech "Roman Knowledge" anywehere on the research trees... am I blind?

Found them. Apparently I had to research "Wheel" to get them. But I now have 2 other questions:
-I have build a road conecting Rome to "wines" and "timber", but the resources don't show in the resources box, either in the city or in the advisers;
-Viriato was the leader of the Lusitanos (my ancesters!), not Lucania.

You need the Rome icon resource near the city. Research wheel and road to it. The resource might not show up in the box until you road to a 2nd city too.

Those wines and stuff aren't showing up because they're not tradeable resources. There's no luxuries at all in this scenario.

Actually to help the turns come faster it would help for water trade and harbors to be disabled. There's nothing to trade. The biggest land mass without horses and copper is the island of Crete which never gets settled so it wouldn't effect the gameplay at all.

Top Bottom