New civ linked to new resource

I remember some analysis being done where someone noted that Indonesia received something like two Whales or something for settling a city abroad.

somebody in that discussion (who had to repeat it twice for people to notice) said he found the two whales naturally occuring by the city. What topic was that discussion on? if I knew, I could quote the guy.

Of course, we don't know if the Whales occurred naturally or if they appeared after the city was founded, fwiw.

I personally am still leaning towards Indonesia have the luxury resources because it would be odd for them to have a resource UA and not be the resource civ. But I am suspicions we haven't heard more yet.

It is probably normal whales like I said before it is Indonesia special resource(s) probably are like mercantile resources you don't see them but you can have them.

It would be great, if they give Indonesia three unique spices (which it sounds like they should) if they add Coffee and replace the generic catch-all spices. I don't think they will, but it would be nice.

It would be great, if they give Indonesia three unique spices (which it sounds like they should) if they add Coffee and replace the generic catch-all spices. I don't think they will, but it would be nice.

They could have stuff like coffee, rice, batik, etc, but if Indonesia is indeed the resource Civ then with a name like 'Spice Islanders' the only thing that makes sense are Indonesian spices.

(It would fit in well with the trade aspect as well since a lot of countries gained huge economic benefits from the Spice exploration around the archipelago. Especially the Dutch East India Trading Company)

Pepper, Cinnamon, and Coffee. Resources I want Indonesia to have.

Pepper, Cinnamon, and Coffee. Resources I want Indonesia to have.

If you ignore the fact that Pepper is native to South India, Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka, Coffee is native to East Africa, and that Nutmeg and Cloves are actually native to Indonesia, it's a damn good proposal.

If you ignore the fact that Pepper is native to South India, Cinnamon is native to Sri Lanka, Coffee is native to East Africa, and that Nutmeg and Cloves are actually native to Indonesia, it's a damn good proposal.

This is why I think having native spices would make much more sense.

At the same time though, cinnamon and coffee have been grown in a distinctly Indonesian way for so long that I don't think anybody would be complaining. Sort of like horses and American Indians. They've been around so long that they are essentially "native" to that culture

They could have stuff like coffee, rice, batik, etc, but if Indonesia is indeed the resource Civ then with a name like 'Spice Islanders' the only thing that makes sense are Indonesian spices.

I meant that, since Indonesia likely will have three spice-related resources the generic "spice" resource should be replaced as coffee as a resource anyone can get. I don't think it makes sense for Indonesia to have nutmeg, cloves, etc. and someone else has "spices."

Oh :blush: my bad I guess I don't know where my spices come from then.

and curry?

the Portuguese importation of the chilli pepper from Brazil and their mixing of other Asian spices enabled the development of 'curi'.

Curry isn't one thing, it's a combination of many, many things.

i know so if they add curry then its included many things in one ;) without the need to put so many :D

It's probable that we'll be getting cinnamon in some form, considering the current spices icon - would be a waste of work for them to just throw it away. So either current spices will become a cinnamon lux and keep the icon, or spices will become something uncinnamony and Indonesia will get the icon for their unique cinnamon lux, along with nutmeg and cloves or alike.

Nutmeg, Mace and Cloves. Boom. There you go.

I'd still like Venice to get a Glass-producing UB, but if Indonesia are indeed getting new luxuries, I doubt it will happen. But a luxury-producing UB would be really cool and different, I think.

Top Bottom