Storm Over Europe (SOE)

Pray that this site doesn´t follow....
I understand that a similar site closed down years ago and now Civfanatics are the final one.
Scary thoughts on the future ...

Yes, we pray, that CFC doesn´t follow, :) but SOE still has a new home, so there is some work to do, before it can go online again.

I'm having a problem getting the game to start. It keeps crashing when I load because it's missing art files. Specifically, all of the Z art files (the generic units) don't seem to be in the art folder where they should be.

saw the message that stormoverciv.net is down :/
Hope SOE will be online soon again i want to try that mod it looks like a masterpiece of modding Civ3 to me *_*

saw the message that stormoverciv.net is down :/
Hope SOE will be online soon again i want to try that mod it looks like a masterpiece of modding Civ3 to me *_*

Hi Hugo Hups, as this is your first post: Welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

SOE will come back in an updated version at CivForum.de (the same with WW2 Global Gold). I will update the links in this thread and reopen the screenshots again, when the time is come. But you need some patience, as some other mods and scenarios of the SOC-site must be reopened, too and SOE needs some additional work before it can be uploaded again.

Has SOE met its demise? Can't recall a mod that had so much promise and especially hype but delivered....what? Did it or has it ever become operational? Just asking.......

Did it or has it ever become operational? Just asking.......

Yes, it is operational (p.e. you can have a look at the reports written by Anthony Boscia in this thread), so many things in the civilopedia still must be done and -as always in massive mods or scenarios - there is always a lot that can be improved.

Yes, it is operational (p.e. you can have a look at the reports written by Anthony Boscia in this thread), so many things in the civilopedia still must be done and -as always in massive mods or scenarios - there is always a lot that can be improved.

Hi Civinator, the links in post#1 don't work. Is there somewhere else they are located? And are there plans to include all the suggested changes from the last upgrade? From the posts alone looks like you have made a Herculean effort with SOE. An amazing accomplishment over the past years! Impressive!:goodjob:

Hi Civinator, the links in post#1 don't work. Is there somewhere else they are located? And are there plans to include all the suggested changes from the last upgrade? From the posts alone looks like you have made a Herculean effort with SOE. An amazing accomplishment over the past years! Impressive!:goodjob:

With the closing of the SOC site about one year ago the link was gone and until now there is no other link to download that scenario. Additionally most of the screenshots that were be hosted at the SOC site went down. It will be hosted again at civforum.de, but as this is a German site, there must be taken care about some German laws concerning that periode. Additionally the stats of the planes must be reworked in the hitpoint settings. As I have a (more than) fulltime job, this needs some time. I´m happy, that I could help to make many of the mods and scenarios of the SOC server available again, including El Justo´s AoI, Vuldacon´s Escape from Zombie Island 2 Complete, Mystara, Far Horizons and my mod CCM. SOE and WW2 Global Gold (that is connected to many of the SOE graphics) will also reappear again -it´s a matter of my free time for Civ 3.

With the closing of the SOC site about one year ago the link was gone and until now there is no other link to download that scenario. Additionally most of the screenshots that were be hosted at the SOC site went down. It will be hosted again at civforum.de, but as this is a German site, there must be taken care about some German laws concerning that periode. Additionally the stats of the planes must be reworked in the hitpoint settings. As I have a (more than) fulltime job, this needs some time. I´m happy, that I could help to make many of the mods and scenarios of the SOC server available again, including El Justo´s AoI, Vuldacon´s Escape from Zombie Island 2 Complete, Mystara, Far Horizons and my mod CCM. SOE and WW2 Global Gold (that is connected to many of the SOE graphics) will also reappear again -it´s a matter of my free time for Civ 3.

Thanks for your update and congrats on great work to date.

I'd be eager to help out with any modding that needs to be done on this.

loki, thanks a lot. :) There is a direct path in my modding projects: RARR (here most of my work is finished), CCM version 2.0 (with some work of RARR implanted, than SOE (mostly updated with the big civilopedia work done for CCM version 2.0).

Did it ever open up again?

Any way to get original files - even by email?

Thanks....

Please don´t do this at present.

If I understand this well, you only need the biq for creating your own WWII scenario. In that case please give me your e-mail adress with a pm, so I can send the biq to you. The next version of SOE, using the new options of additional LM-terrrain, provided by the Quintillus editor, at present is far from beeing ready.

Thank you, but after learning that a new version will appear, I will probably wait

Top Bottom