True Alternative Leaders

JFD

Kathigitarkh
True Alternative Leaders

Summary
This is a modification of the Civ Selection Screen and the Civilopedia, in order to better support those civilization mods which add alternative leaders to existing civs.
The 'Alternative' version merely makes it so that civs are listed by Civilization, rather than Leader. Install instruction remain the same, but if you previously installed the standard component, you MUST copy over the files in the UI and DLC folders in the Backup folder first. If in doubt, verify your game cache and it'll re-download the vanilla files, or re-download EUI.

Download Instructions
Civ Selection
1. Download the .zip file above.
2. Copy the UI and DLC folders into your Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets folder.

Compaibility
This mod is fully and automatically compatible with Enhanced User Interface, as well as the Third and Fourth Unique Components mod.

For Modders
To add support, fill the tag 'DerivativeCiv' in the Civilizations table with the tag of an existing civilization (can be vanilla or modded), or with a text string which will be shared by civilizations with the same text string.
See Djoser's Core/EgyptDjoser_GameDefines.sql file for specific details.

Credits
Thanks to Sukritact for Lua assistance.

Fantastic. Other than my alternate leader Denmark, I don't think there'll be any need for support. That is, unless I set Corsica's derivative to be France [emoji14]..

EDIT: btw JFD, would it be completely outside the scope of this mod to sort civs by Culture (or ArchitectureType if not supporting CulDiv)? And/or further sorting civs by leader era, i.e. similar to how you've sorted your civs in the op of your main thread? Thought that would possibly need people to add an additional tag to the leaders table.

JFD, you're awesome.

Most excellent! With all these mods of yours, you've made more than an extra expansion pack!
This is truly something I've been hoping someone would make :)

I wonder, if I set The Umayyads as an alternative to Arabia, do I have to change their civilization's name to Arabia, or will it simply show up in the same list as Arabia, but with a different name?

You don't need to change their name - they'll appear under the Arabia list, and as the Ummayads (though you can only view the actual civ's name by hovering over the civ icon - it otherwise only shows who the leader is).

It isn't working; I'm using Djoser and Victoria, but the civ selection screen is still the same as vanilla.
File setup is in attachment.

Attachments

• Dwm 2015-10-03 13-06-23-57.jpg
    Dwm 2015-10-03 13-06-23-57.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 733
This is great! Even if you're not using alternative leaders (or any modded civs for that matter), it's still easier to search the list by civ name rather than leader name.

My only question is, will it be a problem if you have multiple civs with the same leader? for example, both LastSword and MC have Tibet led by Songstan Gampo and LastSword, Gedemo, and Tomatekh have the Timurids led by Timur.

So I've added a <DerivativeCiv>CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM</DerivativeCiv> to the Civilizations table for my Byzantiums, but I'm getting the following:

Spoiler :

As you can see, I can choose Basil II but not the rest, including Theodora (changes were made to Theodora's mechanics). However, choosing the random button allowed me to pick the other Byzantiums at random, so they are considered alt leaders for Byzantium. Also, the text is somewhat displaced, which was also the case for some other leaders, such as Dido. I've only activated my Byzantiums and JFD's Civilopedia. I put the UI and DLC folders in the correct folder, while overwriting anything when asked.

Any idea? :/

It isn't working; I'm using Djoser and Victoria, but the civ selection screen is still the same as vanilla.
File setup is in attachment.

Hm. Why is your Gameplay folder highlighted? Files shouldve replace some stuff in the UI folder, too, so the screenshot is a bit confusing.

I don't have an "Assets" folder... so I made one. Am I going to die? :eek:

(PS sorry for being like the people on reddit and steam)

You don't? I dunno how that's even possible... You have the game, right?

Does it work with the CBP version of EUI?

Should be - I tested with CBP and EUI before release and they were fine.

So I've added a <DerivativeCiv>CIVILIZATION_BYZANTIUM</DerivativeCiv> to the Civilizations table for my Byzantiums, but I'm getting the following:

Spoiler :

As you can see, I can choose Basil II but not the rest, including Theodora (changes were made to Theodora's mechanics). However, choosing the random button allowed me to pick the other Byzantiums at random, so they are considered alt leaders for Byzantium. Also, the text is somewhat displaced, which was also the case for some other leaders, such as Dido. I've only activated my Byzantiums and JFD's Civilopedia. I put the UI and DLC folders in the correct folder, while overwriting anything when asked.

Any idea? :/

Hm. Try re-downloading first and see if that helps, but then post your Lua log. Is there something weird about any of the Byzantium's uniques? I didn't actually check to see how the game handled atypical uniques, tbh (like my Papal States' three Chapels).

Yea, I could get it to work:

Spoiler :

I made a sneaky update which you might've missed to fix an issue when not using the Civilopedia. I didn't think that was the problem, because you said you were using the Civ., but who knows.

EDIT: btw JFD, would it be completely outside the scope of this mod to sort civs by Culture (or ArchitectureType if not supporting CulDiv)? And/or further sorting civs by leader era, i.e. similar to how you've sorted your civs in the op of your main thread? Thought that would possibly need people to add an additional tag to the leaders table.
In case you missed the edit in my previous post :)

I did miss that. It doesn't seem possible to call info about a civ's culture group. I actually have it set up to show the culture icon near to the civ icon, but it doesn't seem to want to work most of the time, and when it does, it occassionally throws random errors about who knows what. Without that, I wouldn't want to go through the effort of changing the sorting.

Hmm, didn't seem to work. It must be something obvious.. Here's the only relevant line:

[297859.968] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:10: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

Could be missing a file..

Sorry, I didn't realise that I had to replace files in the UI and DLC folders; It sounded like the folder just had to be placed in the assets folder. Still, it looks great now - can't wait for it to have a more practical use!

Hmm, didn't seem to work. It must be something obvious.. Here's the only relevant line:

[297859.968] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\Expansion2\UI\InGame\InfoTooltipInclude.lua:10: attempt to index global 'Game' (a nil value)

Could be missing a file..

Ah, I know what it is. It seems to have accidentally copied over EUI support into the vanilla file. Please re-download this time and it should fix it.

Top Bottom