True Alternative Leaders

Added an alternative version of the mod (see OP), which simply makes it so that civs are listed by Civilization instead of Leader (this is my personally preference over the other component). When installing, be sure to copy over the backup files first.

I've taken the Civilopedia link down until I update it. Should be done for Piety's update.

Now, I dun goofed and deleted the 45 atlas in CulDiv, which this mod needs. So you'll need to update CulDiv in order to repair that. Sorry.

I always look under the civ's letter first before remembering that they're sorted by leader, so this is great to have. It can be really confusing when I want to play America or China. :D (And even when I do remember that they're sorted by leader, I often get some of the leaders mixed up in my head and look for, say, Hammurabi instead of Nebuchadnezzar.)

will it be possible to have it so that, when randoming, there can only be 1 instance of any civ? so like, if u have a mod that adds in more egypts, when having many random ai when starting a single player game, there would only be 1 egypt ?

I had the True Alt Leaders mod, but I deleted the CivSelection file and downloaded the CivSelectionAlt file. Unfortunately, the selection screen is still displaying as the first picture in the OP, rather than the second picture. So I deleted the CivSelectionAlt and redownloaded it (just to make sure I didn't download the wrong file the first time) but I still have the version in the first picture :( Will posting my logs help with this issue?

So I have an interesting, more graphical than functional, bug. But I'm not sure who to report to.

When using True Alternative Leaders, +Civ IV Traits in Civ V, +An older Civ mod that the base CivIV Traits tries to support. It adds in multiple copies inside the "Selection by Culture Type" for TAL. (Least I've seen is two, most I've seen is about 40)

At least, that is what I think is causing it. (Has no affect on gameplay, just a visual matter)

Other Mods: CP, EUI, EE, Mercenaries, P&S, CC&C, CivIVTraits, TAL, Many many civilizations, InfoAddict, MoreLuxuries/Pantheons, Ethnic Units.

So I have an interesting, more graphical than functional, bug. But I'm not sure who to report to.

When using True Alternative Leaders, +Civ IV Traits in Civ V, +An older Civ mod that the base CivIV Traits tries to support. It adds in multiple copies inside the "Selection by Culture Type" for TAL. (Least I've seen is two, most I've seen is about 40)

At least, that is what I think is causing it. (Has no affect on gameplay, just a visual matter)

Other Mods: CP, EUI, EE, Mercenaries, P&S, CC&C, CivIVTraits, TAL, Many many civilizations, InfoAddict, MoreLuxuries/Pantheons, Ethnic Units.

I was under the impression that this was an error with CulDiv - the trigger set up to support modded civs looks like it repeats for every civ added, and so it repeatedly adds them. I noticed it when I tried to add support for Leuigi's Aymara, and I noticed that they now appeared in the list twice.

Interesting, do you know of any solutions by chance? :p

Um... JFD's tutorial says that you have to add the civ in the trigger and in the original instance, which doesn't make much sense to me. I haven't bothered to test if only putting it down once fixes the issue, so that could be something to try.

I've been having problems with this actually working. Maybe it's because of the recent updates to EUI, but it only shows the vanilla civ selection screen.

Edit: Nevermind, I managed to fix it. Don't know how, but I did :p

Still have this issue? Maybe clear cache?

I had the True Alt Leaders mod, but I deleted the CivSelection file and downloaded the CivSelectionAlt file. Unfortunately, the selection screen is still displaying as the first picture in the OP, rather than the second picture. So I deleted the CivSelectionAlt and redownloaded it (just to make sure I didn't download the wrong file the first time) but I still have the version in the first picture :( Will posting my logs help with this issue?

Clear cache?

I was under the impression that this was an error with CulDiv - the trigger set up to support modded civs looks like it repeats for every civ added, and so it repeatedly adds them. I noticed it when I tried to add support for Leuigi's Aymara, and I noticed that they now appeared in the list twice.

It will check that the civ doesn't already have support before re-adding it.

Yup, I'm still having the Repeat bugs. However I found it's not a Civ IV traits problem.

Some Example civs that have repeats are: India Civilization pack, Khmer (Sukritact), a majority of Leugi's civs (Tiwanaku and Tupi for example).

I just cleared my cache and expunged the irrelevant mods to test it. So it seems to me like it is based upon how CulDiv support is written.

EDIT: Any particular logs you might need?

No, I think I know what this issue is, and it harkens back to mods that have CulDiv support but don't reference CulDiv (i.e. India). Basically, although the trigger works correctly and won't double up civs that already have support, the initial stuff won't. TBH, the initial entries are a bit superfluous, as it is assumed that CulDiv will load first and thus none of them will be added. I'll add the trigger's check to the rest, and that should fix the issue.

JFD that is really cool.

Just a note, all of the civs included under the bracket of 'Italy' (Florence, Two Sicilies etc.) seem to have an issue with their civ's entry in the pedia not showing up - I'm guessing because the game is looking for a general 'Italian entry'.

This could also be a problem entirely on my end - there are ways of circumventing it - I though I should just bring it up.

First of all, hi. New here, so i hope i didn't miss anything obvious.

I play with quite a lot of your mods (mostly civs) but this one here is one of my favorite (ha, even tough it doesn't change much, but with the load of additional civ mods i use this one is very useful).

Today i finally wanted to try Cultural diversity. As far as i managed to play it today it's great work too.

However i seem not to be able to get True Alternative Leaders to work with CulDiv (Both on their own work perfectly fine). Combined all i can choose from is the upper most leader of a civ, but with no description at all. As an example i activatet all your russian civs plus culDiv.

It is not an issue with EUI, i tried it all without EUI and two different versions of EUI, all with the same result, both mods for themselves work fine, together its messed up.

I do clear my cache, when changing mods.

So i'm at the end of the solution i know of.

I should be able to provide you with logs, but i would't know which one would be helpful here.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    Civ5Screen0005.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 260
  • Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    Civ5Screen0006.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 262
here we go with the logs (btw is there another way to upload them, than converting them to .txt's?)

Attachments

• Database.txt
    9.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Lua.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 145
Been getting the same issue as Rockhammer, but only just remembered to get logs :)

Code:
[8702.890] Runtime Error: Assets\DLC\UI_bc1\GameSetup\SelectCivilization.lua:382: attempt to call field 'JFD_CultureTypes_StartingBonuses' (a nil value)

Problem persists with starting bonuses both enabled and disabled. Using EUI.

On the topic of culture types, could you add a way to check a civ's culture type in-game - perhaps on the civ's pedia page?

Top Bottom