New unit: Ironclad Ram

joebasstard

Chieftain
Casemate ironclad: Ironclad Ram

I had to change the name to "Ironram" because the game didn't like the name to start with "ironclad".

(from a previous post) :
"Usually converted from a Steam Frigate, the most well-known of these was known as the "Merrimac" or, "C.S.S. Virginia", the Confederate ironclad in the famous battle with the Union's "Monitor". The Confederate navy built more than a dozen similar to this.
ACTUALLY this type of ship was also used in the Navies of France, Austria-Hungary, and Italy among others. An Austrian one rammed and sank the Italian Flagship "Italia" at the Battle of Lissa. Like the Monitor-style ironclad portrayed in Civ III, in reality it was slow and not very seaworthy, only suited for use along the coast and in inland seas. "

See zip file. READ the SHORT readme file if you want it to work right

The unit looks great! You should work on the Iron Battleship now, you could do it better than I could!

This unit has to be one of the best I've seen yet, I just love the death animations!

I agree, this is one of the best animations i've seen of late, excellent workmanship!

:goodjob: Smashing unit!!!

But has anyone got a solution to this (from the included "read-me"):

The “IroncladRamlarge.PCX and IroncladRamsmall.PCX belong in the Art/Civilopedia/Icons/units folder, but the filenames need a number in front of them that indexes somewhere, I haven’t investigated it. Somebody in the forum will know what to do with it.

...?

TNX

I'm not sure that the file names need a number in front of them. I've added unitlarge.pcx and unitsmall.pcx files without numbers and, as far as I can tell, they've worked just fine.

I think the numbers are only for the firaxis team only
we don't need to indicate the files
I use ***large.pcx and ***small.pcx whithout a number and civ3 works fine

Top Bottom